Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Newbie intro and question about maca...

Hi everyone! Big Grin

I'm Caramela and I'm new here. I have a question and I've tried searching but didn't find the answer I was looking for. It's about maca and my age...

I'm 22 and I read a thread on here that talks about the dangers of using phytoestrogenic herbs while young. I know I am young but I thought breast growth was supposed to end around 18-19.

My question is, is maca a phytoestrogen? I've also tried searching the net for this answer but there are so many conflicting conclusions that I don't know what is true. Can someone help me with this? Huh

Or should I just begin a breast massage regimen at my age to be safe? I don't want to ruin any possible development I may have by screwing up my hormones!

Also, I hope that I become very active on here and that I'll learn all there is to learn about this stuff. I love the sense of community I've seen on this board so far and hope I can be a part of it. Blush

22 Haha no your an adult even if you only started menstrating very late like 18 you'd have still long finished puberty by now most girls can take herbs safely after 18 it would be very rare for it to cause a problem after then as you'd have to be an extremely late developer If you still aren't sure get a hormone test.
So don't worry about being too young at all a lot of us in our 20s we seem to get faster growth. Maca is mostly used for butt enhancement or to balance with other herbs for nbe it increases estrogen but also testosterone or something there are long lists on here of exactly what each herb does check them out.

(28-12-2012, 03:10 PM)BonitaDDs Wrote:  22 Haha no your an adult even if you only started menstrating very late like 18 you'd have still long finished puberty by now most girls can take herbs safely after 18 it would be very rare for it to cause a problem after then as you'd have to be an extremely late developer If you still aren't sure get a hormone test.
So don't worry about being too young at all a lot of us in our 20s we seem to get faster growth. Maca is mostly used for butt enhancement or to balance with other herbs for nbe it increases estrogen but also testosterone or something there are long lists on here of exactly what each herb does check them out.

Hehe I know I am TECHINICALLY an adult but I got nervous when I read some posts that warn against taking phytoestrogenic herbs at young ages, likes 20s, because some girls still develop in their 20s. But, you did ease my nerves a little so thank you!

Smile if your still worried glandular therapy is safe for teens.

As long as your over 18 and your first menses was 5 or more years ago you should be done developing. I think that waiting any longer would just be a waste of your best growth years. If you still don't want to mess with your hormones at all, there's always suction methods like Noogleberry and Brava. BTW, maca is one of the safest herbs. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone getting serious side effects from it, so there's no reason to be scared of it.

@BonitaDDS cool! I will definitely be checking out glandular therapy!

@mochaccino lol I'm glad I'm not waiting any longer then. I'm just a worrywart so I like to be sure. I've already started it a couple of days ago but I know it hasn't been long enough so that if it was bad I could just stop taking it. And I've seen the noggleberry and Brava machines but I don't live alone so that would make for a pretty awkward conversation hehe

Thank you to both of you ladies for the reassurance. In addition to NBE I want my breasts to have the chance to continue developing if it was in the stars for me. Didn't wanna ruin my chances lol

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon