Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Why Your Herbs May Not Be Working

I fully agree on stopping the use of antacids. Very dangerous products and doesn't address the root cause and just a poor bandaid solution. Plus, antacids prevent the absorption of nutrients, bind minerals etc.

As for the low acid testing, the bicarb burp test is pretty much the gold std. No need for pH strips which a silly way and prob in no way accurate at diagnosing low acid production.

Using betaine seems interesting and I'll need to research that further but it still doesn't address why in the 1st place you had low acid production which could be a sign of something much greater. Betaine could end up masking a much greater underlining issue.

Rather then low acid, irt could be excessive bicard buffering by an overactive pancreas which could be an adrenal issue or insulin issue.

I am going to be trying that test out in the morning - those symptoms sound like me. Usually when I go to the dr with a medical issue they are quick to blame it on my heart. Granted - having heart failure effects just about anything, but that doesn't mean that nothing can be done! More research for me!

Hey Doll this is genius and makes so much sense. I, however have the problem of gut overabsorption, perhaps even as far as ibs and no programme has worked for me so far. is there something that does the opposite of hcl??

xx

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon