Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thyroid and the right herbs to use (and avoid)

(06-01-2013, 08:42 PM)tibetan113 Wrote:  
(06-01-2013, 05:03 AM)justalittlemore Wrote:  
(06-01-2013, 02:32 AM)tibetan113 Wrote:  
(05-01-2013, 10:10 PM)justalittlemore Wrote:  
(05-01-2013, 05:20 PM)tibetan113 Wrote:  weird! I stopped my T3/4 dose and I have no more hair loss or sweats! I also started growing in the breasts again. I have no Idea if it was because of this or coincidence but I am feeling alot better. I am on a hashis protocol to level out my antibody reaction and I am now a C cup from a full A. Slow growth but I believe it is real.

I am with you on stabilizing levels and addressing these issues first.

I switched from a synthetic T3/T4 to a natural one. I only had symtoms like that when I took the synthetics. I've tried both, and I respond much better to the natural thyroid hormone. There are some Hashis cases where patients can eventually stop meds and everything normalizes. Unfortunately, that's not me.

Because, I think, thyroid hormone is crucial to all other systems and functions of the body, it must be at a stable level before attempting NBE. There's a set of twins where I work, and one was dx'ed as hypo-t at a very young age. He is physically smaller than his brother, and developed later. This confirmed my suspicion that HGH won't be produced in sufficient quantities for NBE unless thyroid levels are as good as you can get them.

I remembered reading something about hypo-t making you estrogen dominant when I was gathering info and driving my program. That may be why I chose predominately phyto-progestins, which have worked quite well.

Generally thryoid tonics from real tissues aren't at all recommended for any hashis patient until they're antibody count is zero. That is what I am waiting for. I will be doing glandular therapy for it when it gets there.

I'm on a prescription med made from dried pig thyroid (Natur-Throid). I don't do tonics. My antibody count doesn't go down if I'm undermedicated and/or on synthetics (of which I've tried a few).

BTW, pigs have endocrine systems very similar to ours; the first insulin used to treat diabetics in the 1920s came from pigs. It wasn't until later that we figured out how to make chemically identical human insulin in a laboratory. Pig thyroid was in use for about 50 years before the first synthetic thyroid hormone drug [Synthroid] was developed.

i HAVE TRIED IT WITH NO LUCKSad I am looking at other brands.

If you tried Armour Thyroid in the past two or three years, I can understand. They changed the fillers they use to make the tablets, and many people, myself included, had adverse reactions to the new additives. The makers of my current med also make Westhroid, which is considered hypoallergenic.

Over the years, I've tried Synthroid, Armour, Cytomel with Levoxyl, Tirosint, and Nature-Throid. Of the synthetics, the best I've tried was Tirosint, which is T4 in a gelcap (just released within the last two years). The problem I have with synthetics is that I don't convert well, so I need T3. Even when I took the Levoxyl and Cytomel, I still felt a bit off.

(06-01-2013, 09:03 PM)justalittlemore Wrote:  
(06-01-2013, 08:42 PM)tibetan113 Wrote:  
(06-01-2013, 05:03 AM)justalittlemore Wrote:  
(06-01-2013, 02:32 AM)tibetan113 Wrote:  
(05-01-2013, 10:10 PM)justalittlemore Wrote:  I switched from a synthetic T3/T4 to a natural one. I only had symtoms like that when I took the synthetics. I've tried both, and I respond much better to the natural thyroid hormone. There are some Hashis cases where patients can eventually stop meds and everything normalizes. Unfortunately, that's not me.

Because, I think, thyroid hormone is crucial to all other systems and functions of the body, it must be at a stable level before attempting NBE. There's a set of twins where I work, and one was dx'ed as hypo-t at a very young age. He is physically smaller than his brother, and developed later. This confirmed my suspicion that HGH won't be produced in sufficient quantities for NBE unless thyroid levels are as good as you can get them.

I remembered reading something about hypo-t making you estrogen dominant when I was gathering info and driving my program. That may be why I chose predominately phyto-progestins, which have worked quite well.

Generally thryoid tonics from real tissues aren't at all recommended for any hashis patient until they're antibody count is zero. That is what I am waiting for. I will be doing glandular therapy for it when it gets there.

I'm on a prescription med made from dried pig thyroid (Natur-Throid). I don't do tonics. My antibody count doesn't go down if I'm undermedicated and/or on synthetics (of which I've tried a few).

BTW, pigs have endocrine systems very similar to ours; the first insulin used to treat diabetics in the 1920s came from pigs. It wasn't until later that we figured out how to make chemically identical human insulin in a laboratory. Pig thyroid was in use for about 50 years before the first synthetic thyroid hormone drug [Synthroid] was developed.

i HAVE TRIED IT WITH NO LUCKSad I am looking at other brands.

If you tried Armour Thyroid in the past two or three years, I can understand. They changed the fillers they use to make the tablets, and many people, myself included, had adverse reactions to the new additives. The makers of my current med also make Westhroid, which is considered hypoallergenic.

Over the years, I've tried Synthroid, Armour, Cytomel with Levoxyl, Tirosint, and Nature-Throid. Of the synthetics, the best I've tried was Tirosint, which is T4 in a gelcap (just released within the last two years). The problem I have with synthetics is that I don't convert well, so I need T3. Even when I took the Levoxyl and Cytomel, I still felt a bit off.

Yep. Do you take anything to counter act hashis antibodies? I am on 10,000 IU's of vit d and 200mcg of selenium. I am hoping to try whole thyroid glands. I know it will be slower than compounded dessicated but its my only hope for now. How about foods? Do you have to stay away from any specific?

Diet can be so confusing for this!!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon