Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

What are the safest herbs to consume?

I recently started consuming fenugreek capsules and I want to add PM to my program, but I am nervous about potential side effects. I do not have a doctor to consult, so I am looking for the most natural products to consume. What herbs would you recommend?

Thanks lovies! Big Grin

hey hun

PM is defintiely something that isnt teh "safest" only because of how hard it can mess with your period!

I tried maca fenugree saw palmetto and red clover.
plus maca from ainterol. Im done with ainterol now after 3 bottles, it does work, but definteily alot of period missing if you arent on birth controlSmile

Definitely not PM - for some women that's quite a harsh choice. Of all NBE herbs I think fennel must be the friendliest and most easily tolerated. Unlike most NBE herbs, fennel is sometimes given to young children.

PM is probably the strongest phytoestrogen available and Saw palmetto one of the strongest anti-androgens so both would be classified as "unsafe" if not taken with caution and knowledge.

Red Clover is also strong and I would consider it in the be between unsafe and safe zone. Grey area.

Fenugreek and Fennel are probably in the safe zone.

Please understand that NBE involved altering your natural levels of hormones and thereby, potentially unsafe if not done with caution and careful observation of side effects (hormonal).

Should I only stick to one herb if I do not consult a doctor? I take a low dosage of fenugreek.

Fenugreek isn't likely to work on it's own. If you wanted to keep your program as simple as humanly possible, you could try taking only fenugreek and red clover. RC is a bit "stronger" than FG, depending on how you define "strong", but I would still put it in the category of herbs that are relatively safe. I don't know for sure if anyone on this board has ever taken just FG and RC with nothing else, but those two have been the core of several fairly successful programs.

(25-11-2012, 01:24 AM)Black Hippie Wrote:  Should I only stick to one herb if I do not consult a doctor? I take a low dosage of fenugreek.

What do you consider a low dose? I personally do not feel you should take a low dose anything. Any products, whether for NBE or your general health should only ever be consumed at Recommend Daily Intake (what you typically see on multi-vitamin type products) or better yet at a Recommended Therapeutic Effective Dose.

The difference is, the RDI isn't an amount for any specific function but just generalized health whereas a Therapeutic Effective Dose is tailor specifically for the ailment you trying to fix. Often time, the Therapeutic dose is 3-4-5-10x larger then the RDI. There is no one therapeutic dose for a given herb. Some herbs can be used for many different ailments and he ailment may have a different therapeutic dose.

Maybe you should consider a start of Fenugreek + Saw Palmetto + Wild Yam as a recommended basic program here from Wahaika then tailor it depending on how you respond to it after 2 months.

(23-11-2012, 03:26 PM)LookingForward2NBE Wrote:  PM is probably the strongest phytoestrogen available and Saw palmetto one of the strongest anti-androgens so both would be classified as "unsafe" if not taken with caution and knowledge.

While SP is one of the strongest anti-androgens it's primary activity is on 5-alpha-reductase and it only has very limited effectiveness anywhere else in the hormonal pathway and almost no side effects...

It's actually miraculously very safe.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon