Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Herbs and lactation

Hi everyone,
A few days ago I noticed colostrum coming out. I stopped breastfeeding 8-9 months ago. I am just wondering wether I should stop everything or not. Right now I'm taking fennel 1500 (was taking 2250 but cut down after I noticed the colostrum) and SP 1150. It seems that I have high prolactin which is good for NBE but milking is not something I want Sad. Should I stop the massage? Does it stop after a while if I don't empty my breast?
Thanks all, in advance!
PS What I was doing did seem to be working and things looked good until I noticed the colostrum.

Ya prolactin shouldn't be increased soon after weaning. During pregnancy all your hormones are high and then progesterone drops off after birth so that lactation can begin. Prolactin in the abscense of progesterone causes lactation. Your progesterone is probably still low even after the prolactin stopped, so adding prolactin again caused lactation again. Massage might increase it too.

Progesterone cream or 1000-2000 mg dong quai should solve your problems. Until then avoid the fennel. Also limit fenugreek, wild yam and goat's rue until then. Those last 3 don't increase prolactin directly but they increase what you already have. Once you get more progesterone they'll probably increase the progesterone too and then they shouldn't be a problem AFAIK. The PC is much stronger than the DQ, but less safe.

You probably got results because with progesterone and prolactin gone all that's left is high estrogen which leads to high testosterone. You raised what was missing and reduced the extra testosterone, which hit the nail on the head. SP + PC or DQ + (later) fennel is fine for now but eventually the estrogen will drop from the prolactin or progesterone and you'll need other herbs too.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon