Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Is prolactin good or bad for NBE

Or is there a Happy medium somewhere? Theres so much conflicting info out there its hard to sift through it all, some one thing affects another thing which affects another thing. Huh

Anyhow Prolactin, Im thinking about topical applications of fenugreek/goats rue and how they work for NBE - so I was just reading that prolactin raises LPL in the mammary glands, but actually decreases it in the adipose tissue, Isnt this BAD for NBE since we are trying to increase fat stores to increase cup size? (assuming we arent underdeveloped) I imagine if not lactating our levels cant really get that high even with the use of these herbs, but can anyone say the POSITIVES that prolactin would help with that would outweight any negatives?

One of a few articles - http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/88/4/1804

Is this another one of the reasons boobs seem to deflate after weaning from breastfeedind (because the fat in the breast is lowered?) Then once the mammary tissues shrink back to normal they could get smaller than even before pregnancy due to fat loss. (This did NOT happen to me) Mine seemed to be about the same size afterwards, but they were just a little saggier from the stretched tissue, however I have heard others say that they were smaller after breastfeeding

It can be good or bad. It has a small effect on NBE while estrogen has a larger effect. It can also balance out estrogen. But it lowers your own estrogen production as well. So for those who need more estrogen it will only make things worse while those who are estrogen dominant may benefit. I could foresee problems from both taking and avoiding it because estrogen is the main factor yet estrogen dominance is a common problem and estrogen alone won't work. The only way to know your situation for sure is to get tested. And taking a balance of herbs is usually better.

After breastfeeding most women tend to be estrogen dominant. During breastfeeding they have high levels of prolactin, low progesterone and some estrogen. During pregnancy they have high levels of estrogen, progesterone and prolactin.

Thank you. I was on the mini pill (progesterone only) while breastfeeding and went right to a low dose combo after. I think prolactin is probably not great for me then, all my hormones are low from birth control.

I would be most worried if using it long term, about saggy deflated breasts due to overworked milk glands from the increased prolactin.

I think cycling it work be necessary.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon