Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Help!

I am 16 and I have been using Soy Isoflaves from Sundown Naturals (found on drugstore.com) to make my hormones increase. I have been taking it for about 3 months and have not noticed anything, is this messing up my growth?
Rainbow 

(02-11-2012, 05:09 PM)blueeyedwriter Wrote:  I am 16 and I have been using Soy Isoflaves from Sundown Naturals (found on drugstore.com) to make my hormones increase. I have been taking it for about 3 months and have not noticed anything, is this messing up my growth?

There have been plenty of underage girls who have asked this same very question and have gotten the same very response. If you won't be bothered to read, I won't be bothered to give a proper response.

(02-11-2012, 10:34 PM)Emily Loretta Wrote:  
(02-11-2012, 05:09 PM)blueeyedwriter Wrote:  I am 16 and I have been using Soy Isoflaves from Sundown Naturals (found on drugstore.com) to make my hormones increase. I have been taking it for about 3 months and have not noticed anything, is this messing up my growth?

There have been plenty of underage girls who have asked this same very question and have gotten the same very response. If you won't be bothered to read, I won't be bothered to give a proper response.

@blueeyedwriter,

I second Emily's response. You are already a B cup. Nothing is wrong with you. Get off the forums, you are just going to screw yourself up for the future. Come back when you are 20.

Everyday, these kids come on the forum Dodgy

Emily and Tibetan113.

Teenagers face the same concerns adults do regarding our body image and desires. Perhaps, starting a new thread and having it bookmarked at the top of the forum specifically geared towards teenagers would be highly beneficial. In the thread, it could cover a lot of issues and why herbal PM and BO isnt ideal for them and focusing on diet on what foods are beneficial and what foods to avoid and the benefits of consist regular massage would be of great use to them. You could also link to other threads where board members have addressed common concerns so its easy for a young women to find.

I would, but I personally do not feel I have the knowledge to put something like that together specifically regarding hormonal concerns during puberty and affecting them by using phytoestrogens and other products.

(02-11-2012, 11:47 PM)LookingForward2NBE Wrote:  Emily and Tibetan113.

Teenagers face the same concerns adults do regarding our body image and desires. Perhaps, starting a new thread and having it bookmarked at the top of the forum specifically geared towards teenagers would be highly beneficial. In the thread, it could cover a lot of issues and why herbal PM and BO isnt ideal for them and focusing on diet on what foods are beneficial and what foods to avoid and the benefits of consist regular massage would be of great use to them. You could also link to other threads where board members have addressed common concerns so its easy for a young women to find.

I would, but I personally do not feel I have the knowledge to put something like that together specifically regarding hormonal concerns during puberty and affecting them by using phytoestrogens and other products.

There's actually been several threads like that explain the issues of using hormones while still in puberty for young girls, a few of which I contributed to and explained why girl should not use hormones during puberty. If I can search and find them then they can too. Which is why I wrote that response to her because those threads DO EXIST on the forum. If she searched she would have found the answers to her questions

You could be blocking your own hormones instead. You should stop taking it immediately as at this stage of life it could mess up more than your boobs. Wait at least a year. Possibly 10 years but at bare minimum until you're fully grown up. Herbs in general will reduce a hormone, increase a hormone, throw off the balance on one vs. another and so on and all kinds should be avoided.

Nutritional options such as collagen are perfectly safe. You can also make collagen from MSM + fresh fruit, or eat animal foods that contain it like tendon. A diet with whole foods from every food group and a little UV sunlight is good for health in general: skin, metabolism, normal development, etc. That said a B is within normal range so maybe you'll get lucky or maybe you'll just have to wait.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon