Poll: Was this useful? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
100.00%
No
0%
0%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Essential Oils & Bulk Herbal Resources

So as of lately I've noticed a lot of discussion on various essential oils along with herbs. I've also noticed many talking without true knowledge and research on these subjects, we're all guilty at some point, even myself.

I personally was very curious about all of it and went and did some research to help clarify it all for myself and others.

This is not a full list of anything, but mostly common (and uncommon) essential oils and herbs.

Reference:

Abbreviations:

EO- Essential Oil
EPO-Evening Primrose Oil
BSO- Borage Seed Oil

Common Carrier Oils

Almond Oil: This oil is good for all skin types and is rich in fatty acids. Also known to soften, soothe and nourish skin. Some types are edible, such as sweet almond oil

Borage Seed Oil: It’s often praised for its dietary, medicinal and cosmetic properties Edible

Camelina Oil: Camelina oil is a great flax seed oil alternative due to its shelf life and its lack of rancidity. It’s rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin E and anti-oxidants as well. Very good in natural cosmetics and for hair. Edible

Castor Oil: Acts as a soothing agent for skin and has properties that create a barrier from elements.

Coconut Oil (Unrefined): Moisturizes and contains fatty acids, many beneficial things can be achieved through this oil. Edible.

Evening Primrose Oil: Many benefits similar to BSO. Edible

Jojoba Oil: Very commonly used as a carrier due to the high stability of the oil that helps to maintain freshness and prevents it going rancid. It also has a great absorption factor due to its similarity to the natural sebum humans produce.

Olive Oil: Acts a great conditioner and is one of the most commonly used oils in everyday life. Edible

Shea Oil/Butter:Moisturizes and can smooth skin as well as creating a layer of mild protection from the elements.

Vitamin E:Prevents blends from going rancid, high in anti-oxidant properties. Edible

Essential Oils

Angelica (Dong Quai): Known to promote fertility

Black Pepper: Has a warming properties, is a vasodialator. Can cause skin irritation, supplement with Pink Pepper

Caraway: Can reduce menstrual cramping

Cinnamon (leaf): Is a vasodialator, can promote healthy circulation

Clary Sage: helps painful menstruation symptoms, also can reduce menopausal symptoms. Aphrodisiac like properties as well as promotes a healthy reproductive system in both sexes.

Cypress: Is a vasoconstrictor. Can increase estrogen secretions and help regulate monthly female cycles.

Fennel (sweet): Promotes circulation and lymphatic drainage, can also reduce the appearance of cellulite.

Geranium (Rose, Egyptian): Can be soothing or stimulating. Can help ease PMS and menopausal symptoms as well as balance the body’s hormone secretions.

Hops (flower): Helps reduce menstrual cramps, sedative effect

Lavender (Extra): Good for skin, very soothing effect. Can be used without a carrier oil.

Lemongrass: Muscle cramp aid, can also increase muscle tone and suppleness

Oregano: Anti-septic properties, useful for cellulite and other skin conditions and nail funguses

Tea Tree: Has fantastic healing properties Can cause skin irritation.

Vitex (Chast tree): Female hormone regulator

Ylang Ylang: Aphrodisiac, sexual frigity

***Note: This is far from a complete list of EO’s that can benefit NBE and overall female health or production of female characteristics, the EO’s listed often have other properties as well, these are some of the most pertinent to the topic.

**Also, never ingest or eat EO’s due to their nature

***Always use carrier oils unless otherwise noted that it is safe to apply directly to skin.

Uncommon Herbs for NBE (And general health)
Comfrey: Great topical healing properties. Contains alkaloids that can damage liver if used or consumed in large quantities.

Dandelion: Mild chloretic, can help the gallbladder release more bile to allow the liver to “cleanse” more body substances.

Flax (Powder or whole seed): Contains 50-60% alpha-linolenic acid, has up to 800x lignans compared to other foods and is high in Omega-3 Fatty Acids.

Maca: Can increase libido (and as read on here, butt size)

Poke Root: Can help reduce mastitis and breast lumps, has many constituents that are generally beneficial to health

Vitex (Chast berry or tree): Can bring on lactation or menstruation. Often used to reduce breast pain and swelling. Although can lengthen the first stage of the female cycle.

Things You Can Make:
Salves
Tinctures
Extracts
Herbal Oil blends
Powder mixes
Infused Oils
Diffusion (Air) Blends

Sources:
Aroma Therapeutix
Mountain Rose Herbs

If anyone has any questions or would like me to elaborate on any points or items I referred to here, please please please reply so I or someone else who is knowledgeable on the subject can help answer a question. Smile

great thread, good to know more people have a good understanding of them! (: and now i know what to add to one of my blends x

Well I grew up most of my life with a couple massage therapists in my family so I learned the basics but not the purposes of many oils other than the most common ones.

I have a decent understanding yet I know my limiting of sources probably hinders my ability to display the greatest potentials of such, yet both are awesome reputable sites to look up great stuff on EO's and carriers along with herbs in general.

You should add safflower oil, the only oil besides BO and EPO that I use for massage. Its really great for cosmetic uses and has helped me get rid of stretch marks.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon