Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM AND HEADACHES

I have just started taking PM pills 500mg this morning it's day 3 of period I won't take them longer thana week at a time I dn't think. I'm still a bit scared about them.

I have a severe headache today is this normal?

Severe headache as in migraine? Or just severe headache?

If the former, you might be tipping over into estrogen dominance, keep an eye out for other symptoms. If no other symptoms of estrogen dominance, you might just be super sensitive to estradiol.

If the latter, again with the estradiol sensitivity, additionally, PM has been shown to have a side effect of hypoglycemia, you might want to keep an eye out for other symptoms of that...

If it's a case of estrogen dominance: PC!

If it's a case of hypersensitivity to estradiol... soz... no fix afaik... no PM for you :/

If it's a case of hypoglycemia, increase your SIMPLE sugars intake. Try to stick to fructose and glucose directly and stay away from sucrose. Fructose is converted in your body to glucose in just a single stage, while sucrose, well... sucrose is nasty. Honey is a great source of both fructose and glucose btw!

Uhm... but this is just day one you said? It could just be coincidence... definitely don't go rushing off to any conclusion just yet... give it at least a few days imo. Just monitor yourself for symptoms of any of the above, then take corrective steps if the symptoms persist and worsen for any of the above case scenarios.

Thanks Abi I will keep an eye on the sugar levels and the headaches. I had a thumping headache but cannot tell if I was having it anyway or if it was due to the PM. It did g away after I ate supper with BF however.

So I think it could be because I don't tend to eat a large amount during the day. I get hungrier after 6pm sadly! I have a huge jar of honey in the cupboard and will definitle be tucking into that.

I hope I am not getting domance GRRR. If I start using PC after I stop using the PM this month would it help, if I am oestrogen dominant?

Goodness this is so complex!

Uhm. Generally you wanna use the PC while using the PM... PM has a tendency to push some people into estrogen dominance. Stop the PM and you'll generally return to normalish.

Just keep careful watch for any symptoms... but it kinda sounds to me like it was probably just hypoglycemia since they went away after eating... be careful to eat small amounts more often and you should be ok.

I think you are right about the hypoglycaemia. I ate breakfast as usual this morning and was fine and a few hours later I needed to eat again and have had no headache today. Hooorah. I like to take all my supplements on an empty tum tum so maybe it was the time between eating and absorption of supplements that caused the issue.

I am getting my hormones checked and the doctor has agreed to do that as he is a new young doctor who is not yet jaded by the system and likes to help concerned females like myself!!! He is checking for FSH, LH, oestrodiol and diabetes apparently. I asked him about progesterone levels etc and he just drew me a drawing to take home LOL. ah sweet! He did say that blood tests don't give a definitive hormone level but it will discount and abnormalities.

I reckon I may do a test privately a few months down the line to see the state of play.

Thanks Dr Abi for your help and making me feel less panicked!

Dr. Abi... giggle. Blush

I'm just a girl who does her research. Lots of it. Big Grin

I like looking stuff up. It's like. My favorite thing to do.

Anyway, glad I could help. Usually panic is bad. I'm a huge H2G2 fan girl... so... In large, friendly letters: DON'T PANIC!

Just listen to your body and keep a careful inventory of anything that shouldn't be happening, then research possible causes and reasons, and take steps to remedy. I prefer sticking to natural, food and diet and supplemental solutions to problems, personally. Medication, imo, should be a last resort.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon