Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Progesterone birth control & PM

I've read on some of the posts that it may be ok NOT to cycle PM while using a progesterone based birth control i.e. Mirena, Depo Shot or the Pill that contains progesterone only. If this is true & you may take PM all month long, then what is the amount of time that it is safe before doing a cleanse? I read 3 months on then 1 month off???? I also read that if you do have some side effects that you can stop the PM during the time of your menstrual & then begin again when your cycle stops. Also read PM would work better when taken with calcium or milk everyday while taking it, not necessarily at the same time. Do you know if this applies to pills only or cream also?

In a side note & probably can be answered in the glandular section, I am wondering if BO didn't work for me too much because I use a progesterone based form of BC. Hmmmmm. Perhaps not enough estrogen was there for growth.....Huh I think I read that BO is a progesterone based supplement. Just curious about that Dodgy
I'd appreciate any input. Thank you everyone.
Lightbulb 

I was just going to ask a similar question about the Implanon which is a progestin based method of birth control. I don't get periods, so how would you know when to take a break from PM? Would this affect the implant or my body?

Interesting post pretty penunia Smile

I also have the Implanon! I think I asked the same question before. I was told that if you don't get your period, you dont have to cycle. Not 100% sure when to cleanse thoughHuh

Hello girls,

I'm on the depo shot and for the 1st two and a half months didn't cycle.

I then did a milk thistle cleanse for one week.

I've just had some spotting a couple of days ago which is really unusual, I haven't had any bleeding since I went on the shot in Dec 2010.

Have contacted my surergy and the nurse isn't too worried although told me to keep an eye on if I have abdominal pain.

I'm sure it's the herbs etc I'm taking that has caused this.

Anyway, what I'm planning for this month is to take the herbs as though I have a cycle, and I'm using day 1 to be when I had my bleeding, which was 4 & a half weeks after my last shot if that helps.

I know people say the herbs don't effect your birth control but I'm now concerned that it might. Bit of a coincedence.

With the spotting I had bad PMS that day, bad skin, tearful, had how with the bf in the morning.

Was kind of a relief to have a "Period" though, felt like was getting rid of a hormone build up.

Don't know if any of this helps, but I dope it might in some way
xxx

Hi ladies,

I have been on a progestin bcp and I do not cycle my PM i take it every day. I have seen a lot of other posts in the personal program pages where PM isn't cycled when on a progestin birth control. So far it has been about a month and I feel great.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon