Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM and gallbladder problems?

It seems well known that estrogen is a factor in many gallbladder attacks, which is the reason why they are more common in women than men, and that such attacks can be triggered by cyclical changes in estrogen levels or by HRT. I wonder whether this also applies to the phytoestrogens in PM. I couldn't find anything sensible on the subject on Google, so does anyone here have any information on this subject?

I never heard about this. I don't think there is a reason to worry if you're healthy and do your check-ups regularly.

I'm worrying because I stopped PM and within days ended up in the ER, with no previous history of gallbladder problems! It may be no more than coincidence, but I have to wonder...

I've never had problems with my gall bladder but during my third month on pm, with no cycling, I got weird pains in that area. Worried me some since most of the women in my family have had theirs removed. But I also hurt a lot of other places during that time too. I got way messed up with estro dominance. I took a month long break and now I'm just getting ready for luteal tomorrow after starting pm again and I feel fine all over. I'm going with a wait and see approach. If I get symptomatic, then I'll cycle pm.

But back to the question, I don't have information for you but I think it did make me very aware of my gall bladder, which I can honestly say I've never had a reason to notice before. Hopefully, I can stay balanced and it won't be an issue again.

Sounds scary.
I'll observe my body for gallbladder symptoms from now on.
My mom has severe problems with it and my grandma had it removed, so, thank you for the tip.

sgc42 - In view of your comment on estrogen dominance, you might be interested in this:
http://optimalhealthcave.forumotion.com/...-dominance

Does the gallbladder attack produce weird symptoms such as pain in the abdomen (as if you have A LOT of gas but you dont feel like releasing it, almost like it's stuck there)?

(15-05-2012, 01:22 AM)AnnabelP Wrote:  sgc42 - In view of your comment on estrogen dominance, you might be interested in this:
http://optimalhealthcave.forumotion.com/...-dominance

Thank you for the info. I have decided against the wait and see approach to cycling the pm, lol, it makes no sense to let this stuff build up. Especially when I know first hand what it did to me, not to mention things like this that I didn't even know, Wink

Also, I haven't posted my program thread yet, but it does include some things that I've learned are very important to help my body utilize and break down excess estrogen. I read that if you don't break it down, it passes into the bowel, where it sometimes gets re-absorbed! COMPOUNDING the entire problem! Things I've added are zinc, magnesium, of course calcium, and milk thistle, along with my daily requirements of other vitamins like a B complex, and so on.

So, today being my second day of luteal, I'm passing on the pm, and using a little pc cream, so kind of mimicking my natural cycle. I'll see how it goes for at least 6 mos. and if it doesn't keep spurring growth, then I'll try something else, there's lot's to choose from on this forum, lol. I'm already considering noogling Smile

And as a side note, I had cervical dysplasia when I was 32 yrs old. I wasn't taking and herbs at all back then. And silly me, I assumed I had HPV, that caused it. Now that I'm beginning to learn about this stuff, I checked back with my Dr since my post first on this subject, and he said I did not ever have HPV. Just the dysplasia. Scary stuff I tell you! So it's gonna be cycling pm or no pm for me.

Rosance - I can only speak from my own recently acquired experience. Certainly my stomach was gassy and to an extent has remained so ever since. I understand that gallbladder pain can be quite deceptive in that it is often 'reflected' into other parts of the body such as the back, chest and shoulder, and does tend to upset the stomach. Thus I thought at first that I had indigestion, but it got steadily worse, accompanied by back ache, then I realized that it was originating further to the right. When I found a firm tender lump under my ribs on the right hand side, I thought it was time for the ER (which was unfortunately busy). I suspect that if one has quiescent gallstones (which apparently don't necessarily show up on X-rays) then one is always at a slight risk that something (most likely nothing to do with estrogen) may trigger an attack - but that applies to so many things in life. The advice a friend of mine had from her doctor when he told her that she had quiescent gallstones was that if she ever did have an attack, don't waste time coming to him but go straight to the ER where she would probably end up anyway.

Oh wow...that's scary. I have never experienced this. I have been looking for a lump since I researched on the gallbladder and liver and found about the lump near the right ribs, but nothing. I also read that the painful symptoms tend to take place when you lay down, or go to bed, and both times I experienced this while falling asleep, while asleep, and when I woke up. I woke up many times due to the pain. Wow...I hope it's something else, or else end up with a surgery...Dodgy

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon