Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

homemade herb patches

homemade herb patches
April 13 2008 at 5:56 PM Surf (Login Surf.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone tried to use or make homemade herb patches?

I've been experimenting with using a small round bandaid with a drop or two of herb (fenugreek) and placing it directly on each breast after my massage. Then I go to bed and sleep with them on. I simply remove them in the morning. I think it's lot less stinky and messy than what I used to do (put the herb all over my breasts), as I believe most of the stuff ended up on the shirt I slept in. My thinking is that medicines can be absorbed through the skin (like the nicotine and birthcontrol patch), so why not with herbs?! I haven't taken any herb internally in a long, long while but thought I might get some benefit this way. So much of the herb is lost due to it going through your bodily systems, that maybe the patch would be more useful.

Any thoughts?

Author Reply
SoCal.grl
(Login SoCal.grl)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: homemade herb patches April 13 2008, 10:32 PM

It would be awesome if this works. Though I don't know if the drop or two of herbs is potent enough to elicit breast growth. Maybe if you were to use a bigger band-aid so that you could place a larger amount of herbs? Are you putting these herb patches in a particular spot? I wonder if placement makes a difference (i.e. over any area of the breast vs. directly over the nipple)?

When I was using Greenbush herbs, I saran-wrapped my boobs after massaging with the extracts, before going to bed. (Essentially the same idea as the patches.) That was a really messy experience. Most of the herbs ended up on the cling wrap or my shirt than remained on my boobs. Oh, and no breast growth what-so-ever =(

I also remember a few posts about this very method being marketed commercially (the "Lush patch") and I think the consensus at that time was: (1) the website looked sketchy/too gimmicky (2) patches can cause blood clots (e.g. Ortho-Evra BC patch).

http://www.network54.com/Forum/371678/th.../NBE+Patch-
http://www.network54.com/Forum/371678/th...1%21%21%21
http://www.network54.com/Forum/371678/th...east+patch

Please keep us updated with your "experiment."

Surf
(Login Surf.)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: homemade herb patches April 13 2008, 11:32 PM

I'm putting the "patch" somewhere around the nipple, not on but close (to the left or right or sometimes above or below).

I'm not sure if 1 or 2 drops per patch will help either, but I do know that the vast majority if taken internally does not make it through your bodily systems anyways (gets filtered/flushed away). So I figure that 1 or 2 drops would equal a much great amount if taken internally. I don't want to stall in any way, so I'm taking baby steps with this approach. Also, I seem to have done better with less in the past.

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: homemade herb patches April 14 2008, 4:54 AM

Hm interesting idea, I definitely see your point about the bith control patches and such. Keep us updated if anything happens Smile
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon