Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Started PM today and nothing yet, so what now?

Took my very first PM 500 mg capsule way over 3 hours ago. So far, nothing. Sad Not a single indication of bigger breasts. No tingling, no nothing. Sad Sad On the good side, at least it hasn't killed me. Maybe I'll gain a cup size by morning, just like the ads almost promise.

The above was just a tongue in cheek announcement. We'll see how this goes. I'm still not totally sure I want to do this. But if I don't what the heck am I going to do with the other 999 PM capsules I have?

Right now I plan on 500 mg PM daily for a week and a half (10 days) then 500 mg twice a day (1,000 mg total daily) for another week and a half (another 10 days). Not sure what my plans are after that. Suggestions here would be appreciated. I know I'm going to have to temporarily discontinue all NBE when I go on a month's vacation starting 2 months from now.

As part of a double handful of vitamins and supplements I take on a daily basis, I have been taking 320 mg SP and 500 mg pomegranate just for general health reasons and 5 mg finasteride to try to hang on to my head hair.

I've read that pomegranate is a mild phytoestrogen. Should I discontinue it so that it doesn't block the stronger PM phytos from connecting with the receptors?

And what about the SP... should I continue it, increase it, decrease it?

I'm know I'm going to continue with the finasteride. Right now if it's a choice between hair and breasts I'm afraid the hair wins.

The other "vitamins" I take are:
100 mg.......Alpha Lipoic Acid (not sure why but read it was good for something)
80 mg.........Aspirin (helps the heart by thinning the blood)
5,000 mcg...Biotin (nail health, recently increased from 2,000 mcg daily)
1,200 mg.....Calcium w/ D3 (bone health)
.................Cholestoff (phyto cholesterol reducer - blocks absorption dietary cholesterol)
3,000 mg.....Fish Oil (omega 3)
1,000 mg.....Flax seed oil (omega 6)
3,000 mg.....Glusosamine Condroitin (helps joints)
1,200 mg.....Red Yeast Rice (phyto Lipitor for cholesterol)
50 mg.........Resveratrol (maybe helps heart)
120 mg........CoQ10 (aids brain and fight Red Yeast Rice depletion)
500 mg........Turmeric Circumin (maybe fights Alzheimer's)
600 mg........St. John's Wort (mild anti-depressant)
..................Multi Vitamin
..................Vitamin B supplement (bunch of different B's)
1,000 mg......Vitamin C
400 IU..........Vitamin E

and, of course the previously mentioned
320 mg.........Saw Palmetto
500 mg.........Pomegranate
5 mg............Finasteride

If anyone has any thoughts about any of the stuff I take, I'd sure appreciate the feedback.

Thanks

I'd so love to end up as the stage 5 photo at the bottom of this page.

You could try a shampoo with **** acid (i forget exactly). It should block the DHT on your scalp if you are worried that your fina will affect PM. I think Nizoral has it.

If you are taking stuff for joints. I would recommend cissus over glucosamine.
ALA is an antioxidant.
Also I think your VIT C is a bit excessive. Your body will just dump most of it.

If you are cycling your PM half on half off. You will get most of the effects in the second week.

I think it takes longer than a day to feel the effects of PM . You might have to wait a couple of weeks or months to start and feel the effects . Wink[/align]

Also , I heard should not take other herbs with PM because it could cancel the effect of PM . Sad

I was making a joke, people. I even said so in the second paragraph.

(10-03-2012, 05:56 AM)EricaB Wrote:  The above was just a tongue in cheek announcement. We'll see how this goes.

Egypt, that's why I posted my list of supplements, so that if someone knew of one that clashed with PM they could tell me.

Thanks

Hello Egypt,
Re: your comment about taking other herbs with PM - my question is:
Isn't PM a phytoestrogen? Wouldn't you have to "balance it with a phytoprogesterone? Persons taking Hops (a phytoestrogen) take other herbs without cancelling it so why can't you take other herbs with PM?
I'm very confused so please don't take this as a challenge to your knowledge about NBE. I just want to find the most effective program for my needs. Incidentally, I don't cycle since I'm postmenopausal.
Thanks

(12-03-2012, 07:45 PM)lostacres6 Wrote:  Hello Egypt,
Re: your comment about taking other herbs with PM - my question is:
Isn't PM a phytoestrogen? Wouldn't you have to "balance it with a phytoprogesterone? Persons taking Hops (a phytoestrogen) take other herbs without cancelling it so why can't you take other herbs with PM?
I'm very confused so please don't take this as a challenge to your knowledge about NBE. I just want to find the most effective program for my needs. Incidentally, I don't cycle since I'm postmenopausal.
Thanks

I think there is some confusion around about the notion of other herbs 'conflicting' with PM. I believe that the point is that PM is the most potent of the phyto-estrogenic herbs and the body only has so many estrogen receptors for it all to attach to. So, if you take PM plus less effective herbs as well, some of the others will use up some of the receptors, which means overall a lowering of the total possible effect. The other thing is of course that taking too much is both pointless and a waste of money as well as making the body work harder to get rid of the excess.

Re your question on phyto-progesterone...unfortunately there is no such thing. The only natural plant source of progesterone so far discovered is the leaves of the Walnut tree! The only way to boost progesterone is via some of the herbs which boost your own body's production or via man-made nature-identical topical creams.

Hello Pansy-Mae,
I guess my confusion comes from the following: if FG & GR are considered to increase prolactin, does that mean they also compete for "estrogen receptors." Isabelle uses FG along with Hops. I understood Hops to be a phytoestrogen. That's why I use FG & GR along with PM.
Thanks for your interest.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon