Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Female libido enhancer that doesn't interfere with PM?

Hi,
I've been thinking of taking horny goats weed to improve my sex drive but I'm concerned that if might interfere with the efficacy of the PM as I understand it can increase testosterone levels. Has anyone tried and tested any herbal libido enhancers whist on PM with any good effect?? I've been taking PM for a few months and don't necessarily relate low libido to PM, it took a slow down when I started taking antidepressants 8 months ago. I took Horny goats weed for a month of so around then and it did improve things but nit sure if I should go back cause of the PM.

I've noticed libido and PM isn't something that has been discussed much here so any input would be helpful.

Thanks x

Darling.....males use horny goat weed. I do not believe it has a function in women. Goats eat horny goat weed and have been observed with erections, hence the name horny goat weed. This is because components in the herb relax the endothelium in the blood vessel of the penis. It has nothing to do with testosterone. Save your money!!!!

J

Thanks Jennifer

I have used Horny Goat Weed before from Holland and Barratt that is specifically formulated for women and found that it did improve my libido, it is said to iprove blood flow to the clitoris: http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=738&prodid=783&sid2=94. My only problem with taking it again is that it may interfere with the efficacy of the PM. I read this online;

Horny goat weed contains sterols, which are steroidal hormone-like substances found in plants. When they are consumed by humans, they are thought to alter levels of certain hormones in the body. Horny goat weed is thought to regulate the levels of the sex hormone testosterone and decrease levels of the stress hormone cortisol in the body. Cortisol is associated with depressing the sex driveRead more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/411874...z1nxte184J

If it 'regulates' testosterone I thought it may potentiall increase in and negate the effect of the PM? Has anyone use a female libidi enhancer on PM and recommend one?

What antidepressants are you on?

Honestly the article you posted is highly speculative...which means it states
very little. It is indeed your body. I doubt it would hurt you.

You know these people in the supplement make good stuff and bad stuff and stuff that is a shot in the dark.

J

Yes I agree it is speculative so I was wondering if anyone might be able to clear things up. I'll do a bit more research online before I take the plunge. Thanks for taking the time to respond:-)

Again if anyone has used a libido enhancer whilst on PM and thinks it did not effect growth then let me know. I can't be the only one with a low sex drive!!

FYI I am taking Citalopram 30 my daily as an antidepressant.

X

I do not know how old you are. Older women....close to menopause or probably menopause can have depression because of low hormones including testosterone. I highly doubt this is going to increase your urge.
Pueraria Mirifica may. I highly doubt HGW will interfer with it because its not estrogenic and I doubt HGW is that androgenic or the men would be taking it like there is no tomorrow. HGW time has passed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon