Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

started PM - upset tummy and bad sleeps!

Hello, apologies if there is a similar thread..have tried to wade through the posts but maybe just missed a similar one. Was usually using the herb and pumping threads, this is all new to me. I started Pm five days ago, one tablet in the morning and one at night..the prob is through the night I have uncomfortable period type tummy (a bit squidgy/trapped wind type of thing) and keep waking up. Is this normal as I adjust to PM? I had a similar tummy thing when taking high dose of fenugreek, which was fine when I reduced it..should I try and reduce the PM? Maybe only take the morning tablet, or half dose at night Huh
Im not taking fenugreek anymore (good swelling but was aware of smelling of curry Blush), just the PM. Any advice welcome, thanks so much
Rainbow 

Hi Lola_m,

Is it ainterol PM you are taking? As in, is this the full dose you are taking now? A lot of people try starting with a low dose of PM when they are starting, so that they don't get any bad side effects and giving the body time to adjust. For example you would divide up one pill and take half in the morning and half in the evening and do that for however long you think necessary. And then you can take the full dose, and see if it still bothers you. Your body could be just trying to adjust.

Haha I smelled of curry too when I took FG, and I had to stop out of consideration of my fiance! Tongue

Good luck Lola! Smile

Thanks Gilly, think will do that..half the capsule for a few weeks to get used it and catch up on some of that lost sleep. Yes, the FG was a tad odorous and didnt want to scare any potential, um, 'suitors' away Tongue
Thanks again for the advice xxxx

I agree with gilly: slowly ramp up the dose. I barely have two cycles on PM and did not experience anything of that sort when I started. For my first month, I took half the dose for 12 days, everything went normal (my headache period actually went down). On the second cycle I took the recommended dosage for 13 days, and that is when I got a little more than normal cramps. Definitely decrease the dosage girl Tongue You want to give herbs time to be accepted Smile

(14-02-2012, 04:48 PM)gilly Wrote:  Haha I smelled of curry too when I took FG, and I had to stop out of consideration of my fiance! Tongue

OMG! i thought that was only me! i thought the bf was getting a bit coo coo! i'm starting to smell like curry too!!!!

People used to tell me that I smelled like maple syrup!! Blush

cut back to half a tablet twice a day but no difference to problems. Think might just take one tablet in the morning and skip the evening one. I just keep waking up. I can live with the windy tummy but need my sleep so badly, and its just not been good since starting the PM. Has anybody else had the same problem? I got the Pm from Pueraria Mirifica UK, a five month supply so loathe to give up completely. I am going to keep up with the spray though

Take it with a meal if it causes stomach issues. It will slow the rate at which is metabolised which could be an issue. Or take less. Either will work.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon