Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Am I taking my PM right?

Question 

Hi all. I have been taking PM for months and months. I did not understand fully how to take these pills so I have been taking two a day and haven't been off them since I started.

I was getting some results in the beginning, but for a while now there has been no change. Am I suppose to take a break from the pills? If so, how should I take PM? I really would like to take other hearbs with this as well, but I don't want to take something else when I'm lost on how to take PM. Sad

Thanks.

I haven't received my order of PM yet , but from what I've read others say you should take PM from 1st day of cycle for 15 days. I can't recall a concensus on how much to take as that seems to vary by individual. Best wishes.

People cycle their pm because it can affect their period. However if you are on a progesterone shot you can continue taking it.

Are you doing other things? Massage, maybe some kind of suction device etc. You could also try taking a little more PM. So if your on 700mg a day try 900mg etc.

It doesn't seem to really affect my period. I have been taking 500mg daily and have just switched to 1000mg daily for about 2 weeks or so. I also do use a noogleberry. I try to use it as constantly as possible, but some weeks its hard. (I work 2 jobs and go to school).

Is there anything that I could take with pm that will work best with this herb? Something not so expensive?

Thanks much!

Hi Jutinsgirl,

So you're taking your PM everyday without stopping? How long have you been doing this and it hasn't affected your period at all?

I ask because I just did my first month on PM. I decided to take it straight through without stopping because I'm 44 and in perimenopause so my period is starting to be messed up anyways.

I was thinking of cycling this month (15 on 15 off) but am not sure. My period was on time but man, did I have cramps and a backache and sooo emotional.

Pm can definitely affect your emotions....it does mine sometimes when I forget a dose every so often.

I haven been taking PM for...umm...not sure how long but is has been maybe six months when I started it. I am on birth control pills so I think that helps a bit when it comes to having my period show up on time. Cramps for me did seems to be a little more intense than normal after starting 1000mg daily and it was a little lighter, but other than that I have not had any trouble with my period.

So idk...if you just started taking it, maybe you have to wait for your body to adjust to the new boost of hormones? I am not very knowledgeable about that.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon