Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Peri-menopause and PM. To cycle or not?

I was wondering if anyone has seen a thread or knows about taking PM when you're in peri-menopause?

My biggest question is whether to cycle or not, and if not then do you supplement at any time with any other herbs, ie., fenugeek etc?

Sometimes for months on end I will get my period right on schedule then for 6 months of the year I might get it every other month or not for a few months at a time. After six months of regularly scheduled periods, my last two cycles were 7 weeks and 6 weeks.

I just started taking the PM pills and am thinking about not even bothering to cycle. I am taking them for breast growth. Should I supplement with any other herbs, and if so, during what time?

Any info would be of great help.

Thanks!

Hi sunnydayz,

Check the latest pages in Mel's (itsjust4fun91) program thread.

It will really depend on how pm effects your body and peri symptoms. I have tried a couple of different cycling methods then switched to not cycling because my estrogen would be too low during the breaks. The drawback to not cycling though is that it can effect your cycles making them unreliable. To me this isn't a big deal and the pros outweigh the cons. Like all of us, no matter what program you start with, you'll probably tinker with it many times before you get it just the way you want it.

Mel

Hi Mel,

As Isabelle had suggested, I was looking at your program page.

So you're not cycling at all now? Do you take a break after a few months? It didn't look like you supplement with any other phytoestrogen type herbs either?

It doesn't matter to me about having a messed up cycle since my cycle has been messed up for two years now. I'm just thankful that I don't seem to have any hot flashes or mood swings that others going through peri-menopause seem to have.

Thank you both for the info.

I haven't taken any breaks so far but might from time to time if I begin to feel like my body is getting too use to it or new symptoms arise. The only thing I have supplemented with besides normal vitamins is progesterone cream and sometimes estadiol cream if I have a migraine. The best part of so many of us being on here is that you have a huge pool of programs to dig through and piece together your own perfect program. It takes some time to really get a program fine tuned so just keep at it and listen to your body.

Mel

I am not going to cycle this first month and see how it goes. From reading through here, if the first month goes well, I am going to try taking it for 3 months straight then take a month off, and during that month use wild yam cream instead.

Since I'm not going to cycle I don't think I will supplement with any other phytoestrogen herbs, except for continuing with my flax oil.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon