Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Just PM, or PM followed by "other" herbs in luteal phase?

I was just curious - it seems we have two ways of taking PM around here. One way is to take it starting on day 7 or 8 of the follicular cycle, stop on day 12 or 14 to allow for ovulation, then resume again around day 19 and continue until around day 25. The other way is to take PM during the follicular phase as stated above, but then resume with the "other" herbs (Fenugreek, Saw Palmetto, Wild Yam, Dandelion, etc.) during the luteal phase.

Does it seem that either way works better than the other? Of course this kind of thing varies greatly between different people and there is no standard that works equally well for everyone. I know that Chiyomilk had great success doing the PM + other herbs route... But other than that, I can't seem to find an answer as to which way seems to be most effective.

Any input? Also, to anyone out there who has tried it both ways - what difference(s) did you notice between the two? And which way did you prefer?

This is a good question. I have been wondering the same. I hope someone has an imput on this!

I just saw this post from Mel and decided to copy paste it. It explains it. Thank you Mel =)

"Days 1-14 take pm days 15-28 take other regular supplements......this cycle varies according to your normal cycle. If you have a 28 day cycle then u stop pills on day 12. If you have a 30 day cycle then day 14 and so on.

Cycle type 2 is no cycling. It's meant for menopausal women who do not ovulate.

Cycle type 3 is taking it before and after ovulation in different amounts and stopping midmonth to allow ovulation. This cycle is for women that don't always ovulate such as perimenopausal. Though a few women on bc that stops ovulation are also trying this out but you should read their programs and see that it can be a little tough."

I do things a little differently. I tried taking PM for days 1-15 and each time I tried my period stopped on day 3. The moment I stopped the PM, my period started again, and a lot heavier.

Now, I start PM on day 6, after my period stops, and continue with 1000 mgs/d for 15 days. Then I reduce to 500 mgs/d until two-three days before my period starts. I know it's not the 'proper' way to do things, but it's the way it's worked for me. I still ovulate just fine, as far as I know, right after my PM reduction. Once I stop PM, my period starts within two-three days, like clockwork.

I take most of the rest of my supplements during my entire cycle. My exact program is in my profile and on my program page.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon