Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM and Menstrual Cramps

Hey all. I was wondering if anyone has noticed an increase in cramps while taking PM. I know a number of you are on BC so you may have your cramps under control. I know another part of you are having late period issues due to PM. But are any of you having extremely painful or heavier than usual periods when taking your PM while on your period??? I've suffered from painful periods since I was 12, so I know painful periods. But this is my first cycle on PM and the pain has been worst than ever- day 3 in my cycle and day 3 taking PM and I still need to take tons of Tylenol (bad cramps are typically on the first day and a little on the next day, but usually no more than that) and it's also been heavier than usual.

Could the high levels of estrogen in PM be causing the cramps? There are other things that could be causing my bad cramps, so this could just be a big coincidence. But I'm curious to know if anyone has experienced the same thing.

Thanks!

Hi girl,

Some did:
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=9964&pid=36195#pid36195

But then, some didn't, like Mel. It's hard to tell now what exactly in someone's routine makes the cramps lighter or heavier.

I wouldn't this early in the game, blame the stronger cramps on the pm since you have only taken it for 3 days. If next month they are still stronger and the bleeding is heavier, then it would be suspect.

Typically, heavy cramping is estrogen dominance, which doesn't have to mean that you have high levels of estrogen, but can also mean you have normal estrogen but low progesterone, which by the way, pm is notorious for causing estrogen dominance.
I would say if you have always had cramping issues, you should def be one of the gals that adds progesterone cream into your program for the second half of your cycle. If you start off estrogen dominant on this program it will only get worse if you don't supplement your progesterone.

Mel

Thanks so much Isabelle!! I was looking for a thread just like that! Guess I'm not too savvy with the search button!!! Lol.

Thanks for the suggestion itsjusy4fun. I was gonna 2 weeks of pm and 2 week progesterone cream with a break in between for ovulation. But I may just do 1 week PM, one week FG and 2 weeks progesterone (with break in between for ovulation). I guess this further confirms my low progesterone suspicions.

Through some research, I've also discovered that heavy cramping can be a sign of magnesium deficiency. Magnesium deficiency is a symptom of estrogen dominance. And chocolate cravings are a symptom of magnesium deficiency!!! No wonder I've been craving brownies and chocolate cup cakes! Magnesium deficiency can also cause migraines which would explain migraines amongst the estrogen dominant group.

Herbs are so tricky Sad. I may need to look into noogling...

Years ago when my estrogen dominance was at it's worst, I could eat a whole package of hershey bars! I used magnesium to help control my issues then, but it wasn't a permanent fix until I got my progesterone up and that allowed me to drop the magnesium once I got things balanced out, so you're on the right track there.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon