Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

pueraria mirifica's effect on ovulation

I have been meaning to post this link to a study I found some time back and keep forgetting to do it, but while I am having a nice quiet day of research I thought I would finally do it before I forget again.

The topic of how much pm to take has come up repeatedly and can be confusing since there are both women and men using it and posting what and how much they are taking, (the men's doses being very high compared to the womens)

I know a few girls have posted being tempted to try the higher doses as well and this article is a real good reason not to. It is a study done on monkeys, given 10mg, 100mg or 1000mg. It states that once the doses were stopped, ovulation resumed ONLY in the monkeys that took 10 or 100 mg. It seems that 1000mg was enough to have a lasting effect.

Now, while monkies are smaller than us, ect and there may be a give or take of the amount it would require to have the same effect in a female human, I just wanted to post this as a cautionary reminder to what we are doing here. Mainly so that it can never be said. "I didn't know" I feel it's our responsibility to always do our best to know when we are putting things in our body for any reason.

Here is the link

Ovulation Block

Mel

Hi Mel, I actually posted this link a while ago Wink and I totally agree - PM needs to be taken seriously. Before NBE I had 1-2 non-ovulatory cycles per year. I've always been doing BBT chartimg, so I do know if I ovulate or not. Sometimes I even use ovulation test stripes.

Anyways, when I was on herbs I had late ovulation but I wasn't long enough on herbs to tell if they cancell ovulation or not. I rememeber I missed one during 3 months.

On BO ovulation was really really early in the cycle - day 6 -8. No non-ovulatory cycles for 6 months. At all.

The first month on PM - non-ovulatory cycle, 3rd month - non-ovulatory cycle. I started supplementing with PC because if non-ovulatory cycles happen often it very quickly leads to progesterone deficiency. Since then I didn't have any non-ovulatory cycles but I also reduced to maintenance dose after 6 months on PM.

I do see a pattern here. I think PM acts as a natural BC.

(16-10-2011, 03:14 PM)Ginie Wrote:  Hi Mel, I actually posted this link a while ago Wink and I totally agree - PM needs to be taken seriously. Before NBE I had 1-2 non-ovulatory cycles per year. I've always been doing BBT chartimg, so I do know if I ovulate or not. Sometimes I even use ovulation test stripes.

Anyways, when I was on herbs I had late ovulation but I wasn't long enough on herbs to tell if they cancell ovulation or not. I rememeber I missed one during 3 months.

On BO ovulation was really really early in the cycle - day 6 -8. No non-ovulatory cycles for 6 months. At all.

The first month on PM - non-ovulatory cycle, 3rd month - non-ovulatory cycle. I started supplementing with PC because if non-ovulatory cycles happen often it very quickly leads to progesterone deficiency. Since then I didn't have any non-ovulatory cycles but I also reduced to maintenance dose after 6 months on PM.

good so im not alone in this..10 to 1 my period hasnt come from not ovulating from the pm...good to hear considering im 11 days late ha ha i feel alot more at ease mel and ginie..thank u for this!!!

(16-10-2011, 03:14 PM)Ginie Wrote:  The first month on PM - non-ovulatory cycle, 3rd month - non-ovulatory cycle. I started supplementing with PC because if non-ovulatory cycles happen often it very quickly leads to progesterone deficiency. Since then I didn't have any non-ovulatory cycles but I also reduced to maintenance dose after 6 months on PM.

What exactly is PC? I've been on a PM regimen since April 2011, and I want to supplement more progesterone into my program so I don't develop a deficiency.

It would be interesting to see a study done on PM and it's effect as a natural Birth Control.

I wonder if any girls have tried it as a BC?

Wild yam is promoted as a natural birth control:
http://www.sisterzeus.com/wildyam.htm
http://www.healingwiseforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=22149

There is even a book about it:
http://www.amazon.com/Birth-Control-With...0913923109

PM is even more powerful than wild yam so would be more effective as a BC.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon