Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Why only take PM certain days?

When I bought my PM it said to take it daily two times. But I can see many of you take yours during specific days during the cycle, how come?

Also, should I take PM with food or on empty stomach?

Thank you for answering!

Hi Raindrop,

PM lengthens natural cycles to 36 days, and the last 8 days are not funny. Like PMT and pregnancy together. So far, stopping PM completely for a few days around day 14 looks promising.

I believe you should help PM to get to your liver. Take it with unpasteurized yogurt, or warm milk.

Thank you for answering Isabelle. I will try to do that instead of taking them every day.

Hi Isabelle,

So I start taking PM on the first day after my period, take it for 15 days and then stop and wait for period. Then start again on first day after my period?
Sorry for asking again. I feel a little bit confused. Not sure when to start or stop.

Thank you.

Hi raindrop,

The important thing is to stop on day 12 or 13 or 14. The stop triggers the ovulation, and the period begins exactly 14 days after ovulation. You can start again after ovulation, say on day 18, up to day 24. From days 25 to the last day of your period, I think you can still take a low dose, but GorgeousBlonde stops completely.

The only successful report so far is one cycle by GorgeousBlonde. Sorry, but that's all we have.

Hi Isabelle,

Thank you for answering that fast. Really appreciate it. So day 1 when to start taking PM for the first time. Should that be just any day?

As long as it's not one or two days before your ovulation. Do you feel when you ovulate? If you have a regular 28 day cycle, it should be near day 14.

Ok, now I understand! Thank you so much!

(09-10-2011, 11:06 AM)Isabelle Wrote:  PM lengthens natural cycles to 36 days, and the last 8 days are not funny. Like PMT and pregnancy together. So far, stopping PM completely for a few days around day 14 looks promising.

I had read mention of the cycle being messed up in some women that took pm more than 14 days, but didn't realize it was more than just making the cycle longer. I'm curious now on why it would trigger such a drastic pms week. If it increases estrogen, wouldn't taking it regularly work like taking one of the BCP's that stop periods? I guess I had just assumed that was everyones issue with it. So now I'm going to have to do some more digging to understand how PM works better.

I had been kicking around experimenting with different cycling to get one suited more for myself and my predicament of being perimenopause. I'm kind of that in between. I'm not supposed to take it full time since I still ovulate, but I'm not so sure partial is as good either since I really really need the estrogen support. I'm having to slather on the estriol cream constantly just to maintain.

I guess I have a lot more digging to do to help me figure out which cycle would be best for this.

Mel

(09-10-2011, 08:14 PM)raindrop Wrote:  Hi Isabelle,

So I start taking PM on the first day after my period, take it for 15 days and then stop and wait for period. Then start again on first day after my period?
Sorry for asking again. I feel a little bit confused. Not sure when to start or stop.

Thank you.

So this would be the day that you stop bleeding? I just want to be clear on what day to begin taking it

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon