Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Starting DIM and SP- Am I going to lose my growth??

I recently had DUTCH testing and found that my estrogen is high and I'm not metabolizing it properly, I have estrogen dominance, and my androgens are high. My Dr. put me on DIM and Saw Palmetto, and NAC to help my liver metabolize estrogen correctly. 
I'd had a different hormone test done last year that showed LOW estrogen but still estrogen dominance. A few months ago I used a fascia blaster for a while (on my body, not my breasts). Some people are now thinking the FB causes a release of hormones from the fat cells. Well, I wonder if it did that for me because in the last few months my breasts had gotten bigger and my figure is curvier. 
Now I'm wondering if the FB caused my estrogen to go high and that's why I got breast growth out of nowhere. Am I going to lose all my growth on the DIM, SP and NAC?? 
I really need to get my hormones leveled out because I've had some other issues but I'm going to be so bummed if I lose the little bit of boobs I've finally grown.

(26-08-2017, 10:13 PM)Kristin00 Wrote:  I recently had DUTCH testing and found that my estrogen is high and I'm not metabolizing it properly, I have estrogen dominance, and my androgens are high. My Dr. put me on DIM and Saw Palmetto, and NAC to help my liver metabolize estrogen correctly. 
I'd had a different hormone test done last year that showed LOW estrogen but still estrogen dominance. A few months ago I used a fascia blaster for a while (on my body, not my breasts). Some people are now thinking the FB causes a release of hormones from the fat cells. Well, I wonder if it did that for me because in the last few months my breasts had gotten bigger and my figure is curvier. 
Now I'm wondering if the FB caused my estrogen to go high and that's why I got breast growth out of nowhere. Am I going to lose all my growth on the DIM, SP and NAC?? 
I really need to get my hormones leveled out because I've had some other issues but I'm going to be so bummed if I lose the little bit of boobs I've finally grown.

Okay, sorry this is off topic from your question but I've heard of the fascia blaster. What did you use it for and did it work for you? I was interested in buying it for cellulite. 

As far as losing your sudden breast growth, unfortunately I think most members would agree that there is no real way to tell. If you start taking those products it could very well result in a loss of growth. But I think if most of your growth is actually breast tissue, and not just swelling there's less of a chance of you losing much of that growth if any, but once again it really does depend. I wish I could give you a more straightforward answer, but every body is different and we all respond differently when taking supplements. 

I hope this helps some but I think you should do what's best for your health first! Hopefully, taking those products won't result in a breast loss for you, but even if it did I think you'd feel better knowing you're putting your health first! You can always try massaging or Noogleberry to keep prevent you from losing too much, but even those methods aren't really guaranteed and takes a lot of patience and consistency.

Xoxo,

You know I wanted to get a Dutch test too. Heard it's the best you can get! But then I kept thinking until I can afford it even if I'm not metabolising estrigen they'd tell me to take DIM anyway. So it's good to hear that's the right course of action. I'm surprised they didn't advise Vitex but how great they prescribed natural things for you and not synthetic. I'd like to think theres  no harm in taking DIM even if you metabolising ok. NAC is great too. I'm on it to aid detoxing too. 

On the upside for you MANY grow from SP alone so you may get even more growth on SP  Smile

I took SP for a couple of months and I never saw a decrease in my size. Actually I went from 32 inches to recently what looks lik 34 inches! But I also take other things and use a Kangzhu breast pump.

I took SP for a couple of months and I never saw a decrease in my size. Actually I went from 32 inches to recently what looks lik 34 inches! But I also take other things and use a Kangzhu breast pump.

ZaraAri- I started using the FB partly for pain relief. When I stand very long I have to shift my weight a lot because of pain in my hips and back. I also wanted the benefit of decreasing cellulite, and it was supposed to help with tight muscles, headaches, and all kinds of stuff. I would not recommend you use it though. While I did have a little improvement in my hips and back temporarily, it ultimately made my areas that barely had cellulite look even worse. Many other people are finding the same thing , especially after discontinuing use of the blaster. Their skin is now looser, flabby and crepey and their cellulite looks worse. A lot of them areare also having elevated liver enzymes, hormone imbalances and other major issues..Ok off my soapbox?  
I'm sure you're right about putting my health first though. Maybe finally getting things balanced will actually result in more growth! I can hope anyway!

EllaC- I had hormone testing from ZRT last year and while it gave me a starting point, it wasn't nearly as informative as the DUTCH test. It was my dr's idea and at first I thought it wasn't really necessary since the ZRT one wasn't that terribly long ago. Once I got to see how much information it gave though, I would honestly recommend DUTCH testing for anyone with suspected hormone issues. 

Tinydear- that's good to know! I know others use SP for growth so I'm hoping it dropping my androgens will help balance the estrogen the DIM is getting rid of. I've also hypothesized that maybe as DIM clears out the bad estrogens it will open up those receptors for the good estrogen.?? I hope! I've also considered starting to use the Noogleberry again to maybe help keep my little bit of growth

(27-08-2017, 06:49 PM)Kristin00 Wrote:  ZaraAri- I started using the FB partly for pain relief. When I stand very long I have to shift my weight a lot because of pain in my hips and back. I also wanted the benefit of decreasing cellulite, and it was supposed to help with tight muscles, headaches, and all kinds of stuff. I would not recommend you use it though. While I did have a little improvement in my hips and back temporarily, it ultimately made my areas that barely had cellulite look even worse. Many other people are finding the same thing , especially after discontinuing use of the blaster. Their skin is now looser, flabby and crepey and their cellulite looks worse. A lot of them areare also having elevated liver enzymes, hormone imbalances and other major issues..Ok off my soapbox?  
I'm sure you're right about putting my health first though. Maybe finally getting things balanced will actually result in more growth! I can hope anyway!

Thanks so much, Kristin, for letting me know that! I definitely want to avoid FB now! 

And you're not wrong to hope either, because when I first experienced my initial and accidental breast growth it was purely because I was trying to balance my hormones. So taking these things definitely might work to help you getter better growth. It's one of those things where only time will tell. I forgot to mention, that I'm taking SP during luteal and I've definitely have seen growth with it. It was mostly the DIM I was concerned about, if you were going to be taking it daily. I take DIM during my period as a sort of mini detox to help restart my system.

Wish you much success!

Xoxo

(27-08-2017, 06:49 PM)Kristin00 Wrote:  ZaraAri- I started using the FB partly for pain relief. When I stand very long I have to shift my weight a lot because of pain in my hips and back. I also wanted the benefit of decreasing cellulite, and it was supposed to help with tight muscles, headaches, and all kinds of stuff. I would not recommend you use it though. While I did have a little improvement in my hips and back temporarily, it ultimately made my areas that barely had cellulite look even worse. Many other people are finding the same thing , especially after discontinuing use of the blaster. Their skin is now looser, flabby and crepey and their cellulite looks worse. A lot of them areare also having elevated liver enzymes, hormone imbalances and other major issues..Ok off my soapbox?  

EllaC- I had hormone testing from ZRT last year and while it gave me a starting point, it wasn't nearly as informative as the DUTCH test. It was my dr's idea and at first I thought it wasn't really necessary since the ZRT one wasn't that terribly long ago. Once I got to see how much information it gave though, I would honestly recommend DUTCH testing for anyone with suspected hormone issues. 

Tinydear- that's good to know! I know others use SP for growth so I'm hoping it dropping my androgens will help balance the estrogen the DIM is getting rid of. I've also hypothesized that maybe as DIM clears out the bad estrogens it will open up those receptors for the good estrogen.?? I hope! I've also considered starting to use the Noogleberry again to maybe help keep my little bit of growth

Thanks. Makes you wonder if ZRT test was accurate at all. This is my issue I know my BLOOD levels say everything's normal but full comprehensive testing could dictate otherwise and I know hormones fluctuate daily too so timing is important.

I theorise that even though my oestradiol is "supposedly in range" as with my Progesterone but I'm symptomatic of estrogen dominance. Painful breasts and menses , heavy closer cycles. So seeing this reminded me of Dim. I too would think along the lines of if estrogen is cleared properly and correctly it might open up receptors to the good kind. 
How much Saw palmetto did he suggest? The action of lowering the androgens in itself will likely work for you. Heaps said spearmint tea was the missing link for them for that reason. 

If it helps any il start up those two at the same time and see if it helps me any. Boobs and heavy cycles.

ZaraAri- You're welcome! The DIM is the one I was concerned about too. I've only been taking it a few days. I haven't seen any decrease yet (possibly an increase in fullness if anything) but it's really probably too soon to tell how it is going to affect me yet!

EllaC-I'd had my hormones checked by blood test multiple times and everything would always come back normal. At least the ZRT saliva test did reveal issues with my estrogen and cortisol, it just didn't give any info about why. The DUTCH test showed how my body is metabolizing the different hormones, which I think it really key in treatment. For instance, my testosterone was normal but the way I am metabolizing androgens is making them more androgenic- which is why my dr put me on the Saw Palmetto. She prescribed Prosta-DHT for me, which has 200mg of Saw Palmetto, along with some other things. By the way, you probably already realize this, but you can still be estrogen dominant if your estrogen is normal or even if it is low, it would just mean your progesterone is even lower in comparison. I started the DIM last week but the Prosta-DHT just arrived so I started that today. So far, with the little time I've been on the DIM alone, my breasts have felt tender and possibly seem more full so it doesn't seem like I'm losing growth but that could be the timing in my menstrual cycle or something. Too soon to tell for sure but I'll keep watching and will try to keep updating with progress!

Oh, and sorry it took me so long to reply! It has been really hard for me to post in this board from my phone for some reason and I just got around to getting on an actual computer!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon