Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Birth control pills while on BO

I was wondering if it was safe to take birth control pills while taking BO pills or if it would be too much for the body? The ones I use have the most estrogen there can be in birth control pills, so I'm scared it would cause estrogen dominance, even though my birth control pill also has progesterone. Has anyone else had experience using birth control pills and BO?  Big Grin

(23-01-2017, 04:31 PM)honeydew Wrote:  I was wondering if it was safe to take birth control pills while taking BO pills or if it would be too much for the body? The ones I use have the most estrogen there can be in birth control pills, so I'm scared it would cause estrogen dominance, even though my birth control pill also has progesterone. Has anyone else had experience using birth control pills and BO?  Big Grin

Hi, honeydew! I have read that BO will not interfere with birth control. I don't have any experience taking them together, but I wanted to at least throw that out there. I do take progesterone with BO and so far haven't felt like there is any interference. I will have my hormone levels checked in a couple of months, though, so we will see.

(17-03-2017, 03:58 PM)Pink.Chiffon Wrote:  
(23-01-2017, 04:31 PM)honeydew Wrote:  I was wondering if it was safe to take birth control pills while taking BO pills or if it would be too much for the body? The ones I use have the most estrogen there can be in birth control pills, so I'm scared it would cause estrogen dominance, even though my birth control pill also has progesterone. Has anyone else had experience using birth control pills and BO?  Big Grin

Hi, honeydew! I have read that BO will not interfere with birth control. I don't have any experience taking them together, but I wanted to at least throw that out there. I do take progesterone with BO and so far haven't felt like there is any interference. I will have my hormone levels checked in a couple of months, though, so we will see.

Thanks for your great answer! I guess I'll have to see how BO will get along with my birth control.  Big Grin

I'm currently have the birth control implant Nexplanon 65mg and I've just started taking BO and Maca Root (and a few other dietary supplements. I have been only been using it for 2 weeks now and no results. Prior to that I was taking fenugreek(extract 1 full dropper) and that made me gain a few pounds but the little weight gain added a little bit of fullness but then I read on here that its not good to take OB with fenugreek so I've stopped i'm wondering what "Wonder mixture" I can figure out I will update my journey tubular 34B  the goal is 34D to match my 43'' hips  Mother of four--- Happy Growing #NBE

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon