Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Where should you get your hormones tested?

(21-02-2017, 05:25 AM)EllaC Wrote:  
(20-02-2017, 08:07 PM)Loverandfighter Wrote:  
(19-02-2017, 02:11 AM)Jessica4581000 Wrote:  
(15-02-2017, 09:53 AM)Octaviaaah Wrote:  I have a bad experience with that. The doctor didn't want to take a hormone test because I am a perfectly fine young lady with no symptoms of unbalanced hormones. He really refused it, kept saying no. And I tried to mention I'm planning to take herbs with a lot of phyto estrogens in it and he was so against it. You shouldn't be taking that, so I didn't dare to talk about NBE. Then I called the lab to do a hormone test seperately and they said I need a doctors approval again. And for some reason I was you know what I'll just do it and see if I get side effects. Cause I don't want to go to another doctor to probably hear the same again.
Sorry to hear you had issues with such a simple request- you're paying for It! My Dr didn't even blink an eye when I asked him.and went right ahead and made it happen.
Ahhh so lucky!!

I wish I could find a doctor like that...Do you think it may be because I (and perhaps others) aren't transitioning and just don't want any implications? Then again, I really wish I could just get them tested...It's as simple as that.

I shouldn't say this but sometimes you have to just lie.... say hormonal problems run in the family. Say your periods are irregular and your suffering from depression... then request estrogen progesterone and testosterone  or whatever else you feel you need testing . 

I've heard unfortunately the bloods don't cut it. You need saliva AND you need to get them done on the right time in your cycle. For this it costs a fair bit and you'd have to go through a natural Dr or naturopathic clinic. There are labs you can deal with direct, google and see what you find. Fwiw I'm late 30's and experienced irregular cycles plus earl you menopause runs in my family and they refused to test me too.
I went to a naturopathic doctor and she ordered me a full panel saliva test.  She did it and didn't try to say I didn't need to take it, she's also a great doctor.  There is an extended panel of saliva test to test FSH and LH but I forgot to order the extended panel.  She said I can call and ask them about it or take a blood test.. would you guys suggest just getting the saliva test?
So just fyi, if you get the full hormone panel don't forget the extended panel if you want to test those as well.

(22-02-2017, 12:53 AM)Victorian Rose Wrote:  
(21-02-2017, 05:25 AM)EllaC Wrote:  
(20-02-2017, 08:07 PM)Loverandfighter Wrote:  
(19-02-2017, 02:11 AM)Jessica4581000 Wrote:  
(15-02-2017, 09:53 AM)Octaviaaah Wrote:  I have a bad experience with that. The doctor didn't want to take a hormone test because I am a perfectly fine young lady with no symptoms of unbalanced hormones. He really refused it, kept saying no. And I tried to mention I'm planning to take herbs with a lot of phyto estrogens in it and he was so against it. You shouldn't be taking that, so I didn't dare to talk about NBE. Then I called the lab to do a hormone test seperately and they said I need a doctors approval again. And for some reason I was you know what I'll just do it and see if I get side effects. Cause I don't want to go to another doctor to probably hear the same again.
Sorry to hear you had issues with such a simple request- you're paying for It! My Dr didn't even blink an eye when I asked him.and went right ahead and made it happen.
Ahhh so lucky!!

I wish I could find a doctor like that...Do you think it may be because I (and perhaps others) aren't transitioning and just don't want any implications? Then again, I really wish I could just get them tested...It's as simple as that.

I shouldn't say this but sometimes you have to just lie.... say hormonal problems run in the family. Say your periods are irregular and your suffering from depression... then request estrogen progesterone and testosterone  or whatever else you feel you need testing . 

I've heard unfortunately the bloods don't cut it. You need saliva AND you need to get them done on the right time in your cycle. For this it costs a fair bit and you'd have to go through a natural Dr or naturopathic clinic. There are labs you can deal with direct, google and see what you find. Fwiw I'm late 30's and experienced irregular cycles plus earl you menopause runs in my family and they refused to test me too.
I went to a naturopathic doctor and she ordered me a full panel saliva test.  She did it and didn't try to say I didn't need to take it, she's also a great doctor.  There is an extended panel of saliva test to test FSH and LH but I forgot to order the extended panel.  She said I can call and ask them about it or take a blood test.. would you guys suggest just getting the saliva test?
So just fyi, if you get the full hormone panel don't forget the extended panel if you want to test those as well.

Are you of the age you NEED the fsh and lh? They are indicative of menopause ie if they in the same coat go for it... I've been told specifically bloods are simply inaccurate. I don't remember your reason for testing.. but yeh saliva is better... even I can't afford that yet :Sadspeaking of which I really need to get back on vitex

I've re read your post. I have think fsh and lh are sufficient as a blood but again if your worried about menopause ask your ND which day to test those

(22-02-2017, 03:55 AM)EllaC Wrote:  I've re read your post. I have think fsh and lh are sufficient as a blood but again if your worried about menopause ask your ND which day to test those

There are also kits available online that you can now do in your home and then  you mail to the lab to get your results,  about 100$  US

Thank you   Tongue Tongue  Tongue

Age 21
Start: Late Jun 2015 24A
Current: 14B

Goldenslot

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon