Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

FAQ-Supplements for Breast Growth

Thats great L. 
What aloe vera gel do you use?

(06-02-2017, 01:18 AM)EllaC Wrote:  Thats great L. 
What aloe vera gel do you use?

Hi Ella, 

I use a aloe vera burn gel, it has vitamin A (retinol) vitamin C (both very important for breast growth)...lidocaine and other organic substances in it I was wanting that slows estradiol degradation while enhancing permeability. 

I also thought it was good idea to bring blood to the surface for skin penetration enhancement, and cayenne pepper came to mind. So, in a dilution of cayenne pepper (maybe I'll try capsaicin cream??) sauce I applied the dilution....too early in this test phase to offer an opinion yet though....(I didn't get burned lol). 

(13-12-2015, 09:29 PM)Lotus Wrote:  [*]Cayenne pepper-  Increases circulation and blood flow to fatty tissues. In extract form add a drop (maybe two) when taking coconut oil. Scientist believe capsaicin might provide temporary relief from ailments such as diabeticneuropathy, headaches, rheumatoid arthritis and shingles. Capsaicin is also known to increase brain endorphin levels. I believe there's more to chili peppers than we think, imo it could promote IGF-1 (growth factor), and as androgen inhibitor in the prostate, (anti-androgen?). , 

Great research again, thanks Lotus finally something i can try during pregnancy!! Big Grin

Hey Lotus. One thing.. You talk about "estradiol degradation" in this method. For ME this isnt good is it now we know i might not metabolise estrogen right? Should i NOT try this methid?

(06-02-2017, 08:44 PM)hannah Wrote:  Great research again, thanks Lotus finally something i can try during pregnancy!! Big Grin

Hannah congratulations on the pregnancy, Big Grin

With the added increase in estrogen from placental aromatase you don't (shouldn't) need more enhancement of estrogen, meaning skip the Aloe.....(Aloe and healthy fetal development is unknown). 

Olive Oil 
http://www.internationaloliveoil.org/est...-childhood
Aloe Vera
http://www.momjunction.com/articles/is-i..._00177228/

Effect of Aloe vera preparations on the human bioavailability of vitamins C and E.
Vinson JA1, Al Kharrat H, Andreoli L.
Author information
Abstract
There are no literature references describing the effect of consumption of Aloe vera liquid preparations on the absorption of water- or fat-soluble vitamins. There is a very large population worldwide which consume vitamins and many people also consume Aloe. Thus we report the effect of Aloe on the human absorption of vitamins C and E, the most popular vitamin supplements. The plasma bioavailability of vitamins C and E were determined in normal fasting subjects, with eight subjects for vitamin C and ten subjects for vitamin E. In a random crossover design, the subjects consumed either 500 mg of ascorbic acid or 420 mg of vitamin E acetate alone (control), or combined with 2 oz of two different Aloe preparations (a whole leaf extract, or an inner fillet gel). Blood was collected periodically up to 24 h after consumption. Plasma was analyzed for ascorbate and tocopherol by-HPLC with UV detection. There was no significant difference in the areas under the plasma ascorbate-time curves among the groups sincerely due to large differences within the groups. For comparative purposes the control area was 100%. The Aloe Gel area was 304%, and Aloe Whole Leaf 80%. Only Aloe Gel caused a significant increase in plasma ascorbate after 8 and 24 h. For vitamin E, the results for the relative areas were control 100%, Gel 369%, and Leaf (198%). Only the Aloes produced a significant increase in plasma tocopherol after 6 and 8 h. Both Aloes were significantly different from the control after 8 h. Aloe Gel was significantly different from the baseline after 24 h. The Aloes slowed down the absorption of both vitamins with maximum concentrations 2-4 h later than the control. There was no difference between the two types of Aloe. The results indicate that the Aloes improve the absorption of both vitamins C and E. The absorption is slower and the vitamins last longer in the plasma with the Aloes. Aloe is the only known supplement to increase the absorption of both of these vitamins and should be considered as a complement to them.

(06-02-2017, 11:29 PM)EllaC Wrote:  Hey Lotus. One thing.. You talk about "estradiol degradation" in this method. For ME this isnt good is it now we know i might not metabolise estrogen right? Should i NOT try this methid?

Aloe lowers plasma glucose....though some people shouldn't take regular amounts (1-2 tablespoons) of Aloe for various reasons as discussed in the study. Meta analysis showed 1 report of increased hypothyroidism in a woman. Olive oil can alter estrogen metabolism (if needed) and improve thyroid function...soy lowers thyroid function....that's going in the wrong direction tbh. 

Extra virgin olive oil potentiates the effects of aromatase inhibitors via glutathione depletion in estrogen receptor-positive human breast cancer (MCF-7) cells.
Ismail AM1In LLTasyriq MSyamsir DRAwang KMustafa AHIdris OFFadl-Elmula IHasima N.
Author information

Abstract
There have been numerous evidences supporting the relationship between olive oil and cancer, with most of the attention being directed toward its fat and phenolic content. The aims of this study were to investigate whether EVOO and OA could enhance the effects of aromatase inhibitors (letrozole and anastrozole) in ER-positive MCF-7 cells, as well as to investigate its influence on cytochrome c release and GSH levels. It was observed that upon combination treatment, anti-proliferation effects and apoptosis induction were augmented. Apoptosis was triggered via the intrinsic pathway in accordance with cytochrome c release into the cytosol based on IF-IC and ELISA observations. Intracellular GSH levels were also reduced upon EVOO/OA treatment in combination with aromatase inhibitors, and were found to be inversely correlated to cytosolic cytochrome c levels. Additionally, the estrogenic suppressive effects of letrozole and anastrozole were amplified when used in combination with EVOO/OA. Therefore, the employment of aromatase inhibitors in combination with EVOO/OA could orchestrate a reduction in intracellular estrone biosynthesis which feeds ER-positive cells, while simultaneously depleting GSH levels and increasing ROS generation, thus releasing cytochrome c and subsequent induction of apoptosis in MCF-7 cells. 
Copyright © 2013 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.

I'm interested in creating a DIY oil infusion for breast massage (that would dual partly as an oral too) of oil olive that contains garlic (haha, yes....aka the stinking rose). Additionally, whether it be separate from the evoo/garlic infusion or not is uncertain at this time.....regardless, it will contain banana peel extract (oil), cucumber oil (pro-aromatase). Garlic (if you can take it)  prevents prostate cancer and improves BPH symptoms, also improves estrogen metabolism. Banana Peel inhibits 5 alpha reductase action by bypassing the synthesis of its (5 AR) action (preventing the conversion of testosterone to DHT (the strongest androgen-which masculizes tissue). 

Bananas (still in debate though) or banana extract, inhibits TNF (tumor necrosis factor) a cell signaling cytokine (aka protein) capable of producing inflammatory response (cancer causing factors) throughout the body.......so, in other words a little known DIY preventive fruit......though needs further studying. Also, bananas can modulate dopamine and serotonin.....(that's very interesting indeed). The goal is to reduce the stress we put on our livers via oral supplements.....(which is only 10-20% effective) while liquid and transdermal application is up to 60-98% effective. The ingredients I choose above support hormone synthesis and immune function (amongst other actions too). 

In this study banana peel extract BPEx (200mg inhibited the activity of 5 alpha reductase). 

Banana Peel Extract Suppressed Prostate Gland Enlargement in Testosterone-Treated Mice 
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1271/bbb.80770

Differences in Biological Response Modi er-like Activities According to the Strain and Maturity of Bananas 
https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/fst...3_275/_pdf

Bananas contain dopamine and serotonin. Their contents differed between the two strains and among maturity levels. The dopamine content of the peel decreased after ripening in both strains. 

Antioxidant Health Effects of Aged Garlic Extract1
http://jn.nutrition.org/content/131/3/1010S.long

(09-03-2014, 11:02 PM)Lotus Wrote:  
General averages of rates/ratios when consuming herbs

Q-How long does a capsule take to dissolve?

A-Typically the average is up to 20 minutes, some sources have at 5-10 minutes while others say 20-30 minutes. Extracts 1 to 4 minutes

Q-What are typical absorption results?

A-For skin application- 60%

A-Liquid- 98% 

A-capsule- 10-20%

Q-What is the capsule to extract ratio?

A-20 to 1, meaning it would take 20 capsules to = 1 teaspoon of extract

Q-When is the best time to take an herb?

A-In general herbs are best taken on an empty stomach

Edit-

When to supplement
-------------------------------------------------------------

Hormones are released every 90 minutes, the binding of receptors takes 30-45 minutes upon activation. The process of supplementing should match that cycle (e.g. supplement every 4 hrs to correspond with the cycle rather than taking all at once, or in large dose). 

Proline-, glutamic acid-, and leucine-rich protein-1 (PELP1/MNAR) are estrogen receptor (ER) co-regulators, egg whites are an example of Leucine. Proline is an imino acid (technically), but can be made by glutamic acid........who knew it's an estrogen receptor co-regulator?......lol we do now. Big Grin

Vitamin A (retinol) is pro-aromatase, castor oil is one example of vitamin A, (some Aloe Vera burn gel 
has vitamin A...hint hint?).

I see soy has some limiting collagen effects, but honestly I'd stay away from soy considering how it destroys the thyroid.....it's weak at stimulating estrogen receptors (which is why you need so much of it to have some benefit). I also wouldn't take soy if your estrogen production is near normal....which has a reverse effect to estrogen, while peploe with low estrogen production might see some (albeit cyclical results). 
--------

Review of Retinoid Biology: Part 2 (Increases production of hyaluronic acid and fibronectin)
Mariana Phillips, MD. (Updated July 2015*) 
https://www.aad.org/File%20Library/Unass...logy-2.pdf

L-proline
http://aminoacidstudies.org/l-proline/

Newest Research on Why You Should Avoid Soy
https://www.mercola.com/article/soy/avoid_soy.htm

SEX HORMONE SYNTHESIS, REGULATION, AND FUNCTION
http://www.pathophys.org/sexhormones/

Retinoid acids promote the action of aromatase and 17 -hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 on the biosynthesis of 17 -estradiol in placental cells 

Abstract 
The biosynthesis of 17 -estradiol (E2) in human placenta involves the actions of aromatase and 17 -hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (17HSD1). Aromatase, an enzyme complex comprised of P450aromatase (P450arom) and NADH-cytochrome P450 reductase, converts androgens to estrogens, whereas 17HSD1 catalyzes the reduction of estrone to E2. In the present study, the effects of retinoic acids (RAs) on P450arom and 17HSD1 expression in placental cells were investigated. Treatment with all-trans-RA (at-RA) or 9cis-RA increased E2 production in JEG-3 chorio- carcinoma cells and cytotrophoblast (CTB) cells isolated from normal early placentas. Meanwhile, the activity of aromatase and expression of P450arom mRNA were induced by at-RA in JEG-3 cells. Northern blot analysis showed that the effect on P450arom mRNA expression occurs in a dose- and time-dependent fashion. Similar to at-RA and 9cis-RA, Ro40–6055, the retinoic acid receptor (RAR )-selective activator, increased the expression. 
http://joe.endocrinology-journals.org/co...1.full.pdf

Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2008 Aug 13;290(1-2):2-7. doi: 10.1016/j.mce.2008.04.019. Epub 2008 May 13.
PELP1--a novel estrogen receptor-interacting protein.
Brann DW1Zhang QGWang RMMahesh VBVadlamudi RK.
Author information

Abstract
PELP1 (proline-, glutamic acid-, and leucine-rich protein-1) is a novel estrogen receptor (ER)-interacting protein that has been implicated to be important for mediation of both the genomic and nongenomic signaling of 17beta-estradiol (E2). PELP1 contains ten nuclear receptor-interacting boxes (LXXLL motifs), which allow it to interact with ER and other nuclear hormone receptors, a zinc finger, a glutamic acid-rich domain, and two proline-rich domains. The proline-rich regions contain several consensus PXXP motifs, which allow PELP1 to couple the ER with SH3 domain-containing kinase signaling proteins, such as Src and PI3K P85 regulatory subunit. PELP1 is expressed in many different brain regions, including the hippocampus, hypothalamus, and cerebral cortex. Further work has demonstrated that PELP1 is colocalized with ER-alpha in neurons in various brain regions. PELP1 is primarily expressed in neurons, with some expression also observed in glia. Subcellular localization studies revealed that PELP1 is highly localized in the cell nucleus of neurons, with some cytoplasm localization as well, and PELP1 is also localized at synaptic sites. Work in other tissues has demonstrated that PELP1 is critical for nongenomic and genomic signaling by E2, as PELP1 knockdown studies significantly attenuates E2-induced activation of ERK and Akt signaling pathways, and inhibits E2 genomic transcriptional effects on gene expression in breast cancer cells. Preliminary studies in the brain, suggests that similar roles may exist for PELP1 in the brain, but this remains to be established, and further work to characterize the precise roles and functions of PELP1 in the brain are needed.
PMID: 18571832 PMCID: PMC2578818 DOI: 10.1016/j.mce.2008.04.019

Visceral Fat- 

So I'm reviewing scientific evidence about visceral fat and the high amount of associated systemic inflammation, (and in part by glucocorticoids storing fat in their receptors). A few other nasty things like IL-6 (interleukin-6) which is an inflammatory molecule, C-reactive protein (associated with type 2 diabetes, other bad diseases included too) are revealed . Anyways, back to glucocorticoids (which in high amounts can cause systemic inflammation too) so I think to myself what if you control inflammation you help turn off a certain pathway for DHT?, well....we know that DHT is very prevalent in visceral fat (indicated in post-menopause), I think it's entirely possible. 

It's not advisable simply to remove visceral fat through surgery (endangering surrounding internal organs). More to reduce the actual fat cell size (or in hopes I guess) to lower inflammation, in other words, lowering the bodies overall sysmtemic inflammatory response.

Here's one possibility (vitamin A).....a pro-aromatase and a possible anti-DHT weapon, btw carotenoids inhibit 5 alpha reductase....(say goodnight DHT).  Rolleyes

Vitamin A decreases pre-receptor amplification of glucocorticoids in obesity: Study on the effect of vitamin A on 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 activity in liver and visceral fat of WNIN/Ob obese rats

11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (11β-HSD1) catalyzes the conversion of inactive glucocorticoids to active glucocorticoids and its inhibition ameliorates obesity and metabolic syndrome. So far, no studies have reported the effect of dietary vitamin A on 11β-HSD1 activity in visceral fat and liver under normal and obese conditions. Here, we studied the effect of chronic feeding of vitamin A-enriched diet (129 mg/kg diet) on 11β-HSD1 activity in liver and visceral fat of WNIN/Ob lean and obese rats. Male, 5-month-old, lean and obese rats of WNIN/Ob strain (n = 16 for each phenotype) were divided into two subgroups consisting of 8 rats of each phenotype. Control groups received stock diet containing 2.6 mg vitamin A/kg diet, where as experimental groups received diet containing 129 mg vitamin A/Kg diet for 20 weeks. Food and water were provided ad libitum. At the end of the experiment, tissues were collected and 11β-HSD1 activity was assayed in liver and visceral fat. Vitamin A supplementation significantly decreased body weight, visceral fat mass and 11β-HSD1 activity in visceral fat of WNIN/Ob obese rats. Hepatic 11β-HSD1 activity and gene expression were significantly reduced by vitamin A supplementation in both the phenotypes. CCAAT/enhancer binding protein α (C/EBPα), the main transcription factor essential for the expression of 11β-HSD1, decreased in liver of vitamin A fed-obese rats, but not in lean rats. Liver × receptor α (LXRα), a nuclear transcription factor which is known to downregulate 11β-HSD1 gene expression was significantly increased by vitamin A supplementation in both the phenotypes. This study suggests that chronic consumption of vitamin A-enriched diet decreases 11β-HSD1 activity in liver and visceral fat of WNIN/Ob obese rats. Decreased 11β-HSD1 activity by vitamin A may result in decreased levels of active glucocorticoids in adipose tissue and possibly contribute to visceral fat loss in these obese rats. Studying the role of various nutrients on the regulation of 11β-HSD1 activity and expression will help in the evolving of dietary approaches to treat obesity and insulin resistance.

http://nutritionj.biomedcentral.com/arti...2891-10-70

More to follow I hope. 

(07-02-2017, 06:00 AM)Lotus Wrote:  
(06-02-2017, 11:29 PM)EllaC Wrote:  Hey Lotus. One thing.. You talk about "estradiol degradation" in this method. For ME this isnt good is it now we know i might not metabolise estrogen right? Should i NOT try this methid?

Aloe lowers plasma glucose....though some people shouldn't take regular amounts (1-2 tablespoons) of Aloe for various reasons as discussed in the study. Meta analysis showed 1 report of increased hypothyroidism in a woman. Olive oil can alter estrogen metabolism (if needed) and improve thyroid function...soy lowers thyroid function....that's going in the wrong direction tbh. 

Extra virgin olive oil potentiates the effects of aromatase inhibitors via glutathione depletion in estrogen receptor-positive human breast cancer (MCF-7) cells.
Ismail AM1In LLTasyriq MSyamsir DRAwang KMustafa AHIdris OFFadl-Elmula IHasima N.
Author information

Abstract
There have been numerous evidences supporting the relationship between olive oil and cancer, with most of the attention being directed toward its fat and phenolic content. The aims of this study were to investigate whether EVOO and OA could enhance the effects of aromatase inhibitors (letrozole and anastrozole) in ER-positive MCF-7 cells, as well as to investigate its influence on cytochrome c release and GSH levels. It was observed that upon combination treatment, anti-proliferation effects and apoptosis induction were augmented. Apoptosis was triggered via the intrinsic pathway in accordance with cytochrome c release into the cytosol based on IF-IC and ELISA observations. Intracellular GSH levels were also reduced upon EVOO/OA treatment in combination with aromatase inhibitors, and were found to be inversely correlated to cytosolic cytochrome c levels. Additionally, the estrogenic suppressive effects of letrozole and anastrozole were amplified when used in combination with EVOO/OA. Therefore, the employment of aromatase inhibitors in combination with EVOO/OA could orchestrate a reduction in intracellular estrone biosynthesis which feeds ER-positive cells, while simultaneously depleting GSH levels and increasing ROS generation, thus releasing cytochrome c and subsequent induction of apoptosis in MCF-7 cells. 
Copyright © 2013 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.

Can you say how much and how often you were applying the olive oil? 60% weight increase in a few weeks is amazing.  Did you rule out other effects that may have caused such a huge gain in such a short time, e.g., water weight gain? Or do you think the gain is in mammary tissue or fat or both? Is olive oil essential or is it just any oil with similar levels of oleic acid? From what I remember reading Almond oil goes deeper than olive oil at skin penetration with similar oleic acid percentage, and apricot oil may be even better than almond at penetration with high oleic acid as well. I don't have that info handy but I remember reading about it a few years ago when looking into moisturizing oils.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon