Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

People who use Progesterone Cream - Please come in!

I too want to increase my progesterone level, but naturally. I just found this website and thought I could post it here:

These methods have been shown effective for increasing progesterone levels:

* 750 mg vitamin C per day (increased progesterone 77% and improved fertility)
* 600 mg vitamin E (increased progesterone in 67% of patients)
* 6 g L-arginine (increased progesterone in 71% of patients)
* Increasing beta carotene (boosts progesterone levels in dogs and goats)
* Increasing vitamin B6
* Supplementing with Vitex Agnus Castus (increases progesterone and fertility)
* 120 mg Black Cohosh on days 1 to 12 (increases progesterone and fertility)
* Supplementing with selenium
* Consuming dairy products (shown to raise progesterone in men)
* Weight loss
* Avoiding overeating
* Improving insulin sensitivity (metformin increases progesterone levels 246%)
* Replacing saturated fat in the diet with unsaturated fat
* 80mg progesterone cream (shown to be as effective as 200 mg oral progesterone prescription)
* Eating a high protein, low carbohydrate diet
* Lowering TSH levels in subclinical hypothyroidism

https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriag...ogesterone

I am already taking Vitamin C (1000mg), Selenium and a vitamin B complex since a long time. I dont think these vitamins help to increase my progesterone level. :-/

Vitamin E, L-Arginine and black cohosh sounds interesting though. Ella, if you remember I took black cohosh last year, but only 40mg per day. Maybe I should give it another chance from day 1-12 next cycle. What do you think?

Wicked Peggy. You have it covered.
OK well black cohosh at that lower dosage I'm happier with. And it combat high estrogen too?
How about milk thistle to clear out excess estrogen, so long as it didn't do the same for progesterone? ?..
The only issue with black c is that my naturopath said it takes many months at a high dosage to combat e Dom. So would a low dose work I wonder?
Do you not think the walnut worked for you?

Ps I'm not home now but will really look into your suggestions later on when I'm not on my phone Sad

I believe milk thistle is very beneficial to clear out excess estrogen (Idk if it will influence progesterone though).

Not sure about the dosage of black cohosh and how long it will take to kick in but I know that if you take Vitex it takes quite a long time until it starts working.

I have no idea if the walnut leave tea helps since I haven't tested my hormones again (last test was in May). I am also taking Vitamin D (every 2nd day) which should also help to raise hormones naturally. You might look into that too. And I am still taking Maca. So maybe my p. level is higher now, I would need to make another saliva test once I get the chance.

Will you consider trying out Vitex or black cohosh?

Fair enough. Yes I take vit d almost daily. I take maca too but still only 500mg. I don't understand why I have sore breasts right after my periods now which lasts almost to my next cycle. I think I have some small growth... maybe that's what it is??

Yes could be growing pains. Sounds good Smile I never experienced this after my period.

Well you actually can use it on the breasts, the point being is to educate yourself.

Face
Neck
Upper Chest
Breasts
Inner arms
Palms of hands and feet

The problem relates to the fact that progesterone is highly fat soluble and once applied to your skin will store itself in your fat tissue. When one initially uses the cream, there aren't any problems as the fat stores are very low. But as time goes on, the cream accumulates and contributes to disruptions in your adrenal hormones such as DHEA, cortisol, and testosterone. I have learned that although progesterone cream is an enormously useful tool, it needs to be used very cautiously.

Best Way to Use Progesterone Cream

The key mistake that many well intentioned knowledgeable doctors, including myself made is to advise to use the cream on your skin. While this certainly provides better results than swallowing the hormones, it can still be improved.

There is a relatively minor tweak you can make with the creams which avoids nearly all of the side effects of applying the cream on your skin.

If you apply the cream to your mucous epithelial membranes that line your uterus and vagina you obtain a virtually ideal administration system. Not only is absorption through these membranes more complete than through your skin, but hormones absorbed through your vaginal membranes enter the very same pelvic plexus of veins that your ovaries normally empty into.

From here the hormones are carried to your heart and lungs and distributed to your tissues just as if your ovary had actually produced them.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articl...tions.aspx

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8671]

Avoid putting NPC on the fattiest areas of the body, as this may inhibit proper absorption. Fat will store the progesterone, rather than allow it to move into the bloodstream, circulate and be utilized by the body. In addition, rotate where you apply the cream each time you use it to avoid saturation.

2. Estrogen dominance may become worse when first beginning natural progesterone cream. When first introducing progesterone back into the body after an extended period of progesterone deficiency, the estrogen receptor sites ‘wake up’ (are stimulated), enhancing the action of estrogen for a short period of time. This is a sign that the body is responding well to the progesterone, even though at the beginning it can exacerbate estrogen dominance symptoms such as breast tenderness and swelling, spotting, fluid retention, dizziness, hot flashes, fatigue, headaches and nausea. This can be very worrisome, but should level out and go away over the next couple of cycles, as progesterone levels increase.

3. Stress affects progesterone levels. How? Stress increases cortisol levels. Cortisol competes for progesterone receptors; the higher the stress the more cortisol the body produces. This means that those receptor sites may be occupied by cortisol rather than progesterone, which may require temporary increase in progesterone supplementation. If you are not managing your stress levels, the natural progesterone cream you are currently using may not be effective because of elevated cortisol levels. Make stress reduction part of your plan to balance hormone levels.

4. Severe progesterone deficiency requires more time to increase progesterone levels with progesterone cream supplementation. It takes anywhere from 4-12 months to bring progesterone levels back up in women with very low progesterone levels. Following a loading dose protocol may help to bring the levels up quicker, but consistency of use over an extended period of time is best. For women who are trying to conceive, a realistic plan is going to help achieve pregnancy and prevent miscarriage due to progesterone deficiency. Give yourself many months of progesterone cream supplementation before even trying for a baby, to help prevent the likelihood of miscarriage.

5. Is it okay to use natural progesterone cream if you don’t know if you have low progesterone levels? It would be best to know if you have low progesterone levels or not. You would not want to work to increase progesterone levels if you don’t need to. Over time, using progesterone cream when it isn’t needed may create a situation in which too much progesterone is in the body. That being said, there are many clear signs of progesterone deficiency and testing is relatively easy. There are at-home saliva hormone tests and your doctor can test your levels as well.

6. A one-time overdose of progesterone cream is virtually impossible. That being said, it does not mean you should use more than the suggested dosage. It does mean that the female body can withstand high levels of progesterone in the body relatively well, because during the last trimester of pregnancy, the placenta is producing 300-400mg of progesterone a day. If you accidentally use too much or apply the cream more than 2 times in a day, you should be fine. Even if you used a whole bottle in a day, it may just make you feel very sleepy. Be sure you always stay within the recommended dosage guidelines recommended by your healthcare practitioner, or on the label of the product you are using.

7. Split dosage up between morning and nighttime application. Apply the cream once in the morning and once in the evening before bed. Using it before bedtime may help some people to sleep better. Splitting the dosage up ensures 8-12 hours of sustained delivery. If you apply it all at one time, only once a day, it will still only last 8-12 hours, leaving the other 12 hours where you are not receiving any. The split dosage ensures optimum progesterone levels are maintained.

8. Each cycle, stop using natural progesterone cream only when you have confirmed you are NOT pregnant. This means if you are trying to get pregnant while using NPC, be sure to continue it until you have definitely confirmed you are not pregnant. If you get a positive pregnancy test result, continue on with the progesterone cream. Be sure not to skip a day of use of NPC in pregnancy. Doing so may result in a sudden drop of progesterone levels, which may cause a miscarriage. Have two bottles on hand at all time to ensure you don’t run out.

9. Discontinue use of progesterone cream by weaning off of it over time. When you decide it is time to stop supplementing with natural progesterone cream, simply reduce the amount you use each time you apply it. Do this on the last cycle you plan on using it. If you are pregnant, do not do this until at least the 16th week of gestation, when the placenta takes over progesterone production.

10. There are certain health conditions in which natural progesterone cream supplementation should be avoided. If you have a history of gestational pemphigoid (dermatosis of pregnancy), jaundice of pregnancy, severe active liver disease, hepatitis, rotor syndrome, Dubin-Johnson syndrome, or unexplained/abnormal vaginal bleeding you should not use natural progesterone cream

http://natural-fertility-info.com/proges...lity-guide

Edit: Tip-wear gloves, or wash hands immediately after applying.

Thank you so much for all the information Lotus!!! i am still digesting all of it.. Smile

Quote:If you apply the cream to your mucous epithelial membranes that line your uterus and vagina you obtain a virtually ideal administration system. Not only is absorption through these membranes more complete than through your skin, but hormones absorbed through your vaginal membranes enter the very same pelvic plexus of veins that your ovaries normally empty into.

Can you do that with progesterone cream? Or is that just how it would be applied in an ideal world?

(04-01-2015, 01:25 AM)prettylily Wrote:  
Quote:If you apply the cream to your mucous epithelial membranes that line your uterus and vagina you obtain a virtually ideal administration system. Not only is absorption through these membranes more complete than through your skin, but hormones absorbed through your vaginal membranes enter the very same pelvic plexus of veins that your ovaries normally empty into.

Can you do that with progesterone cream? Or is that just how it would be applied in an ideal world?
Dr Mercola advocates it's use this way. There is a risk of infection if your not completely hygienic when you apply it if you know what I mean :s

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon