Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

FAQ-Supplements for Breast Growth

Herbs/plant based and grains used for breast enlargement
  • Alfalfa-Natural phytoestrogens, helps with menopausal symptoms, inhibits bone loss caused by estrogen deficiency
  • Anise-Stimulates breast growth by increasing E, (1980 study published in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology)
  • Ashwagandha-Adaptogen, restores a sense of well-being, similar to Panax ginseng
  • Black cohosh-Appears to bind to estrogen receptors, mimics hormonal effects of estrogen, estriol
  • Blessed thistle-Increases the flow of milk, (causes irritation of GI tract)
  • Chaste tree-Corrects hormone imbalances, increases LH in favor of Estrogen, binds to ER-a (estrogen receptor alpha) progesterone receptor
  • Chinese Skullcap-Inhibits 5-alpha-reductase enzyme
  • Coconut Oil-Makes connective tissues stronger, superb antioxidant, neutralizes free radicals and slowing down aging, aids in breast feeding, nature's richest source of MCFAs. 5 ar inhibitor, aromatase
  • Dandelion root-Upregulates estrogen receptors, useful for detox
  • Damiana-For hormone imbalance, improve poor mammary gland development
  • Dong Quai-Balance hormones, assists breast enlargement, improves gland function activities
  • Fennel-Promotes milk production, nutrient rich for NBE growth, stimulates the growth of breast tissue
  • Fenugreek-Prolactin source, phytoestrogen, adaptogen, lowers blood sugars (caution)
  • Flax-Phytoestrogen, increases SHBG, source of omega-3 fatty acids, anti-estrogenic activity/aromatase
  • Goats rue-Builds breast tissue and increases milk supply
  • Hops-estrogen receptors alpha ER-a (which stimulates breast growth), increases SHBG which binds free testosterone
  • Ladies Mantle--The Tannis (6-8%) in LM causes contractions, protects conjunctive and elastic tissues, contains salicylic acid (a mild painkilling action) for painful menstrual periods, It's astringent increases blood flow for circulation and helps with saggy breasts.
  • Nettle root-Binds to SHBG, increases estrogen and testosterone
  • MSM - Methylsulfonylmethane collagen synthesis: (skin, hair and nails), detoxifies the body & increases blood circulation, scavenges free radicals, increases body's ability to produce insulin, is important for carbohydrate metabolism, speeds wound healing, and other benefits too.
  • Oats-Phytoestrogen, decreases SHBG, source of zinc, iron, vitamins B6, vitamin E and amino acids
  • Licorice Root-Anti-androgenic, activates alpha and beta estrogen receptors and blocks 5-ar, DGL is thought to have fewer side effects
  • Maca root-Abundant in amino acids, phytonutrients, healthy fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals, increase in energy and libido, adaptogen
  • Marshmallow Root-Inhibits Hyaluronidase, increases tissue permeability
  • Milk Thistle-Cleanses the liver of excess hormones, inhibits the metabolism of testosterone by P450 3A4 in a time-, concentration-, and NADPH-dependent manner.   
  • PABA- Decreases breakdown of estrogen in your body so you have more free estrogen.
  • Passion Flower-Calming agent that adds to total well being
  • Pueraria Mirifica-Phytoestrogen, minor anti-androgen (daidzien), anti-estrogenic (ER-beta), miroestrol/dexymiroestrol bind to estrogen receptors (ER-a)
  • Pygeum-Reduces the level of DHT, reduces prolacting levels, Inhibits 5-alpha reductase
  • Red clover-Minor aromatase inhibitor, highly estrogenic, Binds to alpha estrogen receptor alpha (ER-a), inhibits type I and type II 5 alpha reductase (30% / 75%).
  • Red raspberry--Balance hormones, promotes breast health
  • Red Reishi-Significantly reduces levels of 5-alpha reductase (DHT)
  • Saw palmetto-DHT inhibiting effect, acts on progesterone receptors (causing a reduction in estrogen levels)
  • Shatavari-Phytoestrogen, normalizes estrogen levels, prolactin source, adaptogen
  • Senna-To increase absorption and effectiveness of herbs, eliminates toxins
  • Spearmint-Anti-androgenic properties, reduces the level of free testosterone in the blood, while leaving total testosterone and DHEAS unaffected
  • Watercress-Increases energy, high in iron and vitamin E
  • White peony root-Estrogenic, blocks 5-ar and pro-aromatase
  • Wild yam-Stimulates hormone production, increases progesterone,  prolactin, anti-androgen, and slows the metabolism of estrone, one of the body's own estrogens.
  • Yogurt-Rich in vitamins, calcium and minerals, growth factors stimulate fibroblast proliferation, collagen, probiotic , and has lactic acid component

Always consult with a medical professional when having concerns about NBE and NBE supplements.

-More to follow-

Lotus, you are amazing! Thank you. Smile

(07-03-2014, 03:29 PM)peggy Wrote:  Lotus, you are amazing! Thank you. Smile

Thanks Peggy,

Working on GLA's and then Essential oil's and a list of NBE supplement interactions of each other, although that one is pretty involved.

Let me know if you'd like to add anything! Wink

Thanks!

(07-03-2014, 04:05 PM)Mistress~Lotus Wrote:  

Thanks Peggy,

Working on GLA's and then Essential oil's and a list of NBE supplement interactions of each other, although that one is pretty involved.

Thanks!

Thank you Lotus, will save this one! Can you find/add Progesterone promoting herbs? Thanks Smile
PS I have a REALLY curly one for you but I need to phrase the question right before I hit you with it, but could be relevant to this thread Wink

(07-03-2014, 07:24 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(07-03-2014, 04:05 PM)Mistress~Lotus Wrote:  

Thanks Peggy,

Thanks!

Thank you Lotus, will save this one! Can you find/add Progesterone promoting herbs? Thanks Smile
PS I have a REALLY curly one for you but I need to phrase the question right before I hit you with it, but could be relevant to this thread Wink

You'd be surprised but fenugreek has been said to promote progesterone, I'm still trying to find something concrete about it other than nourishing the endo glands. Maca is mentioned in the same way (promotes or nourishes progesterone)

Thinking of a few herbs to put on the list and would like to know of any NBE experiences from our members:

Burdock root
Arctium Lappa
Anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory

Grape Seed
Vitis Vinifera
Rich in polyphenol proanthocyanidins, protects the skin from free radicals and premature aging, increases intracellular vitamin C levels, inhibits destruction of collagen

Witch Hazel
Hamamelis Virginia
Antioxidant, astringent, soothes and heals problem skin conditions

Yogurt
Rich in vitamins, calcium and minerals, growth factors stimulate fibroblast proliferation and extra cellular protein such as collagen, probiotic content increases immune function and has lactic acid component

Quote:Grape Seed
Vitis Vinifera
Rich in polyphenol proanthocyanidins, protects the skin from free radicals and premature aging, increases intracellular vitamin C levels, inhibits destruction of collagen
Does it contain vitamin C, then? Or just cause it to be released into the intracellular space?

(09-03-2014, 04:19 AM)prettylily Wrote:  
Quote:Grape Seed
Vitis Vinifera
Does it contain vitamin C, then? Or just cause it to be released into the intracellular space?

Sorry,

Grape seed

It contains Proanthocyanidins which are potent antioxidants. They appear to have a unique ability to increase intracellular Vitamin C levels, as well as scavenge free radicals and delay the destruction of connective tissue. The gallic ester form of proanthocyanidins (the most potent free radical scavengers) are found only in grape seed extract. Some research suggests that this ingredient could also aid in neurological function but that has yet to be conclusive.

Don't be sorry! It's really great that you're doing all this; I was just asking because I was wondering if it would support MSM (maybe even in place of vitamin C?).

All I know I got from this forum. Sad Sorry. It seems like it's just a source of sulfur, though.

Personally, I haven't noticed any difference, but I'm on a pretty low dose. I'm itching to ramp up, but I want to see how I do this month first.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon